Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Automated rotoscoping

Automated rotoscoping 2 weeks, 2 days ago #205634

• briandrys
    Pro User
  • 2 weeks, 2 days ago
I'm not sure if any of this is appropriate, but it may be of interest. It's on automatic rotoscoping.

moviola.com/webinar/automatic-rotoscoping/

Re: Documentation for developing Lightworks effects (Post # 1 contains summary links) 2 weeks, 2 days ago #205638

• jwrl
    Pro User
  • 2 weeks, 2 days ago
It doesn't really apply to the Lightworks user effects development, although its results could be useful when used in conjunction with standard Lightworks effects. I've split this into its own thread.
Last Edit: 2 weeks, 1 day ago by jwrl.

Re: Documentation for developing Lightworks effects (Post # 1 contains summary links) 2 weeks, 1 day ago #205661

• jwrl
    Pro User
  • 2 weeks, 1 day ago
Just done some tests with that software. One test file was a 4K green screen shoot with a lot of green spill on wardrobe and shadow areas. That software simply devoured it, and gave a remarkably clean result. It still needed some manual clean up, but it was an extremely good starting point.

The second was a worst case scenario, with highly reflective costumes in a dance sequence, also 4K. That was not so good. Bodies were largely ignored altogether, and edges were anything but clean. The result was completely unusable. Mind you, the result was also unusable as a straight green screen comp too, so I guess we would have been no worse off.

But the bottom line is that its results were OK, but should only be regarded as a starting point for professional work.

Re: Documentation for developing Lightworks effects (Post # 1 contains summary links) 2 weeks, 1 day ago #205662

• briandrys
    Pro User
  • 2 weeks, 1 day ago
That was my impression from the video, but it's good to have it confirmed.

Re: Documentation for developing Lightworks effects (Post # 1 contains summary links) 2 weeks, 1 day ago #205671

• hugly
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 2 weeks, 1 day ago
Studio Artist 5.0 from Synthetic Software claims to have automatic Rotoscoping. Their video shows only results, not how they are created.

synthetik.com/auto-rotoscoping-feature/

Does anybody use this software and can tell how that works?
It's better to travel well than to arrive...
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.37 seconds
Scroll To Top