Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Black Screen after adding effects

Black Screen after adding effects 2 weeks, 4 days ago #205600

• FellowLesbian
  • Fresh Boarder
  • 2 weeks, 4 days ago
I've seen multiple other topics on this matter but none seem to exactly match mine. Starting a few days ago, whenever I imported a clip it would work fine but once I added the effects it would turn black (taking off the effects after didn't help either). Whenever I click on a single frame from the clip it shows it on the screen but as a video it won't play. Audio works fine, exports turn out fine but it's really frustrating. Also, this is only on my one project. My other projects don't have this problem.

Thanks!
Last Edit: 4 days, 2 hours ago by FellowLesbian.

Black Screen upon import 2 weeks, 3 days ago #205603

• jwrl
    Pro User
  • 2 weeks, 3 days ago
You should check your routing when that happens. The automatic effects routing that Lightworks uses, like anything automatic, can go off the rails sometimes. Applying the effect makes it the output of the timeline, but in this case it has incorrectly selected a video input. When you delete that effect, because the routing uses the incorrect video selection, that incorrect selection becomes the output.

So immediately it happens select your routing display and check what is connected to the effect input(s). Correct things then and there by changing the routing will fix things.

I have moved this to the effects forum. It's a more appropriate place for it and is unlikely to be a bug. Also, could you please edit your first post and change the title to something like "Black screen after adding effects" or similar? It's a better description of what's happening.
Last Edit: 2 weeks, 3 days ago by jwrl.

Re: Black Screen upon import 2 weeks, 3 days ago #205607

• schrauber
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 2 weeks, 3 days ago
The description makes me doubt whether the problem is at all related to effects?

FellowLesbian wrote:
.. Whenever I click on a single frame from the clip it shows it on the screen but as a video it won't play.
[ .. ] exports turn out fine ..

Are you describing the same problem or an additional one?
Do you mean that when the playback of the sequence timeline stops, the current frame is displayed correctly in the viewer, but every time due playback starts, the preview window turns black?

If so, it may be related to performance problems. For example, I have this when I set too high a GPU precision (32 bit) in the project settings that my old Intel GPU cannot process in real time.

What version of Lightworks are you using? If you are using a beta, what revision number?
Mainly automatically translated
--------------------------------------------
Windows 10, 64 Bit
Intel i5-4440 (3,1 GHz) ; Intel HD Graphics 4600
Last Edit: 2 weeks, 3 days ago by schrauber.

Re: Black Screen upon import 4 days, 2 hours ago #206110

• FellowLesbian
  • Fresh Boarder
  • 4 days, 2 hours ago
Sorry it took so long to respond, but thanks @schrauber. I adjusted my GPU and it fixed it.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.29 seconds
Scroll To Top