Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Lightworks becomes unresponsive when creating a split screen

Lightworks becomes unresponsive when creating a split screen 1 week, 3 days ago #204721

• sunbelt56
  • Fresh Boarder
  • 1 week, 3 days ago
I can create a split screen and export it to video, but when I try to switch back to the edit tab from the effects tab, Lightworks becomes unresponsive. I don't want to say it locks up, but I see a windows 'wait' icon until I go to the task manager and end the process. (edit) I hover over the task bar and it seems like it's trying to create 2 instances of Lightworks, but can't decide which one to switch to. (ok, I see the replies) I have a AMD Athlon II X2 3.40GHz w/ 4.0 GB ram. Maybe my system is too slow.
Last Edit: 1 week, 3 days ago by sunbelt56.

Re: Lightworks becomes unresponsive when creating a split screen 1 week, 3 days ago #204722

• briandrys
    Pro User
  • 1 week, 3 days ago
Welcome to the forum.

Unfortunately, you're not providing enough information, please follow the directions in this sticky: www.lwks.com/index.php?option=com_kunena&func=view&catid=23&id=66072&Itemid=81

Also the specification of your computer.

Re: Lightworks becomes unresponsive when creating a split screen 1 week, 3 days ago #204723

• hugly
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 1 week, 3 days ago
Hello,

If you have to a kill process and restart to proceed, feel free to call it "lock up", that's what others call it too.

That's most likely due to thumbnail refresh which has some difficulties keeping performance up when operating on many clips of compressed media, on not so beefed hardware.

Please try, in Edit mode, switch to 'Project Contents', deselect all possibly selected clips, click on the orange '+' sign next to 'Bins' to create a new empty bin and give it some meaningful name. With focus on that empty bin, switch between the tabs and see if it helps.
It's better to travel well than to arrive...
Last Edit: 1 week, 3 days ago by hugly.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.30 seconds
Scroll To Top