Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Does anyone know of a more consistent screen shake effect?

Does anyone know of a more consistent screen shake effect? 1 week, 4 days ago #204648

• Jorvalt
  • Fresh Boarder
  • 1 week, 4 days ago
I've been using the one that relies on luminance variations, but I find it to be largely inconsistent, especially with scenes that don't have a lot of variance (i.e. large patches of flat colors). Did someone make a screen shake effect that's just randomized or set in some way that will give me a consistent shaking effect?

Re: Does anyone know of a more consistent screen shake effect? 1 week, 4 days ago #204667

• schrauber
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 1 week, 4 days ago
Jorvalt wrote:
I've been using the one that relies on luminance variations, but I find it to be largely inconsistent, especially with scenes that don't have a lot of variance (i.e. large patches of flat colors)...
As far as I know, you can connect a separate image to the effect you use, which can serve as a basis for the semi-random generation.

Jorvalt wrote:
Did someone make a screen shake effect that's just randomized or set in some way that will give me a consistent shaking effect?
Yes, but the effect uses a random generator that is only available on Windows systems:
fxschrauber.github.io/lwks-fx/Windows_only/Camera_shake_crop/

Effect has some features like optional edge mirroring to avoid black edges even at low zoom. Also, the effect can process material that contains black bars and should keep them without shaking these edges (assuming the correct settings).
Mainly automatically translated
--------------------------------------------
Windows 10, 64 Bit
Intel i5-4440 (3,1 GHz) ; Intel HD Graphics 4600
Last Edit: 1 week, 4 days ago by schrauber.

Re: Does anyone know of a more consistent screen shake effect? 1 week, 4 days ago #204671

• hugly
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 1 week, 4 days ago
I've just found, ported and adapted an effect from shadertoy.com, Screenshake . Some constants are tweaked heavily to work properly after porting.

It's definitely experimental and it doesn't run on Linux (don't know why), but it shakes whatever it gets, slightly zoomed in, independent from the content and with two sliders to adjust. Just in case you want to try, I've attached it.

Just to say, it will do no harm to your computer.

Edit: Replaced the effect with a version 0.2, which runs also on Linux, slightly different default look, speed with different range, and new category/subcategory.
Attachments:
  • Attachment This attachment is hidden for guests. Please log in or register to see it.
It's better to travel well than to arrive...
Last Edit: 1 week, 4 days ago by hugly.

Re: Does anyone know of a more consistent screen shake effect? 1 week, 4 days ago #204677

• Jorvalt
  • Fresh Boarder
  • 1 week, 4 days ago
schrauber wrote:
Jorvalt wrote:
I've been using the one that relies on luminance variations, but I find it to be largely inconsistent, especially with scenes that don't have a lot of variance (i.e. large patches of flat colors)...
As far as I know, you can connect a separate image to the effect you use, which can serve as a basis for the semi-random generation.

Jorvalt wrote:
Did someone make a screen shake effect that's just randomized or set in some way that will give me a consistent shaking effect?
Yes, but the effect uses a random generator that is only available on Windows systems:
fxschrauber.github.io/lwks-fx/Windows_only/Camera_shake_crop/

Effect has some features like optional edge mirroring to avoid black edges even at low zoom. Also, the effect can process material that contains black bars and should keep them without shaking these edges (assuming the correct settings).

hugly wrote:
I've just found, ported and adapted an effect from shadertoy.com, Screenshake . Some constants are tweaked heavily to work properly after porting.

It's definitely experimental and it doesn't run on Linux (don't know why), but it shakes whatever it gets, slightly zoomed in, independent from the content and with two sliders to adjust. Just in case you want to try, I've attached it.

Just to say, it will do no harm to your computer.

Edit: Replaced the effect with a version 0.2, which runs also on Linux, slightly different default look, speed with different range, and new category/subcategory.

Thanks for the help, guys. I'll try these out and if nothing else I could just use an image of white noise or something with the fx I already had, though that wouldn't be preferrable.

Re: Does anyone know of a more consistent screen shake effect? 2 days, 9 hours ago #205139

• Jorvalt
  • Fresh Boarder
  • 2 days, 9 hours ago
I know this is coming in kind of late but I tried both of these and neither of them actually do anything when I apply them. I fiddle with the settings but nothing seems to actually happen aside from the cropping and zooming on the one that has that function.

Re: Does anyone know of a more consistent screen shake effect? 2 days, 9 hours ago #205143

• hugly
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 2 days, 9 hours ago
Assuming that you have applied it correctly, and speaking only for Screenshake 0.2.fx, that means, most likely, you run Lightworks V14.0?
It's better to travel well than to arrive...
Last Edit: 2 days, 9 hours ago by hugly.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.35 seconds
Scroll To Top