Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: rotation z in 3D DVE

rotation z in 3D DVE 2 months, 1 week ago #194647

• hccma
  • Fresh Boarder
  • 2 months, 1 week ago
I want to make a rope move left then right as if it's swinging. I'm trying to do this using the 3D DVE effect. The angle when the rope is vertical is 0° and I can make the rope go left (for instance by making the angle 30°) but when i want to make it go right after that I can't because there is no minus option (for instance -30°) and if I go over 180°(for instance 350° which would be equal to -30°) it doesn't work because the rope continues to swing to the left until it reaches that angle.

Is there a way for me to do it without changing the angle the rope is vertical in to 180°?
Attachments:
  • Attachment This image is hidden for guests. Please log in or register to see it.

Re: rotation z in 3D DVE 2 months, 1 week ago #194648

• jwrl
    Pro User
  • 2 months, 1 week ago
There are two boxes to the left of the rotation dial. One is labelled in degrees, the other isn't. Set the one in degrees to around 350 to rotate right, and to 10 degrees to rotate left. Then set the other box for the left rotation to 1. That will allow you to swing between smoothly between the two limits.

Why does it work? That unlabelled box gives the number of full revolutions that you have spun. Going from 350 degrees to 10 passing through zero, you have gone one complete revolution.
Last Edit: 2 months, 1 week ago by jwrl.

Re: rotation z in 3D DVE 2 months, 1 week ago #194649

• hccma
  • Fresh Boarder
  • 2 months, 1 week ago
jwrl wrote:
There are two boxes to the left of the rotation dial. One is labelled in degrees, the other isn't. Set the one in degrees to around 350 to rotate right, and to 10 degrees to rotate left. Then set the other box for the left rotation to 1. That will allow you to swing between smoothly between the two limits.

Why does it work? That unlabelled box gives the number of full revolutions that you have spun. Going from 350 degrees to 10 passing through zero, you have gone one complete revolution.

I don't see any boxes. Is it because I have the free version of lightworks?

Re: rotation z in 3D DVE 2 months, 1 week ago #194650

• jwrl
    Pro User
  • 2 months, 1 week ago
The free version of Lightworks in this respect is identical to every other version. A picture is worth a thousand words.

This image is hidden for guests. Please log in or register to see it.

Re: rotation z in 3D DVE 2 months, 1 week ago #194651

• hccma
  • Fresh Boarder
  • 2 months, 1 week ago
oh damn didn't realise. thank you!!!

Re: rotation z in 3D DVE 2 months, 1 week ago #194652

• jwrl
    Pro User
  • 2 months, 1 week ago
Pleasure.

Re: rotation z in 3D DVE 2 months, 1 week ago #194672

• hugly
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 2 months, 1 week ago
Just to show that it really works, a funny example:

It's better to travel well than to arrive...
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.26 seconds
Scroll To Top