Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

TOPIC: blend effect and alpha channel png picture movie

Re: blend effect and alpha channel png picture movie 7 months, 1 week ago #193025

• something cool
  • Junior Boarder
  • 7 months, 1 week ago
First things first ,so i tested if it even had alpha in it and i got it to work, the yeallow cloud is the alpha layer and the gray picture is the backround . so it should work.I try the advices that i got here now .
Attachments:
  • Attachment This image is hidden for guests. Please log in or register to see it.

Re: blend effect and alpha channel png picture movie 7 months, 1 week ago #193029

• something cool
  • Junior Boarder
  • 7 months, 1 week ago
Mayby this topic should be put to rest as it seems to be kind of difficult to
solve, the picture should work but it does not and i understand it can be a little too hard to pin-point where the problem lies-. I wonder could a blend mask somehow help but but as i have no experience of it i canĀ“t know is it the right way to go ,
Mayby i should try some other way to solve the issue if no-one has eny other ways to solve the case ?

Re: blend effect and alpha channel png picture movie 7 months, 1 week ago #193036

• hugly
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 7 months, 1 week ago
I don't use blender but from the video below I understand rendering setup is quite complex and some of those parameters might have impact to transparency.

As a matter of interest, is your source imported into Lightworks created as PNG RGBA image sequence with Blender or some kind of video format?
It's better to travel well than to arrive...
Last Edit: 7 months, 1 week ago by hugly.

Re: blend effect and alpha channel png picture movie 7 months, 1 week ago #193038

• something cool
  • Junior Boarder
  • 7 months, 1 week ago
From blender it leaves as a png rgba sequence, computer stores it as png images, and lightworks has the ability to form automatic a png movie clip out of the png seguence.

Re: blend effect and alpha channel png picture movie 7 months, 1 week ago #193039

• hugly
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 7 months, 1 week ago
Perfect.

Would you mind sharing the original PNGs of the two frames you show in your very first screen grab as zipped archive attached with your response or, because there's a 20 MB size limit for attachments on the forum, on a file hosting service of your choice?

I can imagine that, with hands on material, the effect gurus may find out what's wrong and can give some advice how to proceed.

Re: blend effect and alpha channel png picture movie 7 months, 1 week ago #193056

• jwrl
    Pro User
  • 7 months, 1 week ago
You can check the alpha channel (transparency) in Lightworks yourself. Download and install Channel diagnostics, then set up a timeline just containing the clouds. Add the channel diagnostics to it and select "alpha" as the channel to display. If you see a black and white image that looks like the clouds it should work, if it's all white or all black it won't.

If it looks like a negative image of the clouds then the alpha channel is inverted. To correct that in your project you will need to use a different blend effect. Either Blend tools or Flexible blend will do what you need. Both have a lot of settings, but you only need "Invert alpha" and possibly "Opacity". Click on "Invert alpha" in either effect and you should be able to blend any image with inverted alpha channels.

If you wish to try this and need to know how to install custom effects you will find full instructions in CUSTOM EFFECTS INSTALLATION.
Last Edit: 7 months, 1 week ago by jwrl.

Re: blend effect and alpha channel png picture movie 7 months, 1 week ago #193077

• RWAV
    Pro User
  • 7 months, 1 week ago
At a glance it seems the material may be pre-multiplied alpha over a black BG - hence the edging.

A multiplied LW blend may a useful?

BETA System
Microsoft Windows 7 Professional 64BIT
HP Z800 Workstation
Last Edit: 7 months, 1 week ago by RWAV.

Re: blend effect and alpha channel png picture movie 7 months, 1 week ago #193078

• RWAV
    Pro User
  • 7 months, 1 week ago
This is a soft edged image with alpha on a Photoshop .tiff with trasnparent BG

This image is hidden for guests. Please log in or register to see it.
BETA System
Microsoft Windows 7 Professional 64BIT
HP Z800 Workstation

Re: blend effect and alpha channel png picture movie 7 months, 1 week ago #193087

• jwrl
    Pro User
  • 7 months, 1 week ago
RWAV wrote:
A multiplied LW blend may a useful?

If the OP uses "Blend tools" (above) he can handle that too.
Last Edit: 7 months, 1 week ago by jwrl.

Re: blend effect and alpha channel png picture movie 7 months, 1 week ago #193097

• something cool
  • Junior Boarder
  • 7 months, 1 week ago
This attachment is hidden for guests. Please log in or register to see it.

This attachment is hidden for guests. Please log in or register to see it.

Re: blend effect and alpha channel png picture movie 7 months, 1 week ago #193098

• something cool
  • Junior Boarder
  • 7 months, 1 week ago
JWRL ...i tryed to install it but as i have never done it bewore it failed and gave me this error-code
Attachments:
  • Attachment This image is hidden for guests. Please log in or register to see it.
Last Edit: 7 months, 1 week ago by something cool.

Re: blend effect and alpha channel png picture movie 7 months, 1 week ago #193100

• hugly
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 7 months, 1 week ago
Could it be that you run a version different from current V14.5?

Re: blend effect and alpha channel png picture movie 7 months, 1 week ago #193101

• hugly
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 7 months, 1 week ago
Just to show what I see here:

Picture 0011.png in Photoshop:

Picture 0127.png in Photoshop (it shows fully transparent, but in fact it isn't):

Both connected with Blend Tools at default settings with the 0127.png on background:

Edit: That looks pretty much like the results with Chromakey with 0127.png on foreground, from the screenshot in the very first post of this discussion. I think the only way to fix this (if it shows an undesired result) is to go back to Blender.
Last Edit: 7 months, 1 week ago by hugly.

Re: blend effect and alpha channel png picture movie 7 months, 1 week ago #193108

• schrauber
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 7 months, 1 week ago
What kind of result is desired?
Maybe something like this:

hugly wrote:
Could it be that you run a version different from current V14.5?

That would have been my question, too.
The effect "Channel diagnostics" is not compatible with older Lightworks versions (if Windows operating systems are used).
Mainly automatically translated
--------------------------------------------
Windows 10, 64 Bit
Intel i5-4440 (3,1 GHz) ; Intel HD Graphics 4600

Re: blend effect and alpha channel png picture movie 7 months, 1 week ago #193110

• hugly
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 7 months, 1 week ago
Hi schrauber,

I don't understand what alpha construction that is, which shows content in Lightworks somehow, but not in Photoshop, premultiplied?
Time to create page: 0.35 seconds
Scroll To Top