• Callanj
  • Junior Boarder
  • 9 months, 1 week ago
haha its a little outdated

Re: Isolating and tracking moving object 9 months, 1 week ago #216505

• Callanj
  • Junior Boarder
  • 9 months, 1 week ago
yes it seems like very demanding software, I probably would be able to learn so that is not what i am worried about... My workstation specs are pretty horrible... I'm actually sort of surprised that it can run lightworks...

Inspiron 3185

See, i dont even have a desktop.

Re: Isolating and tracking moving object 9 months, 1 week ago #216506

• hugly
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 9 months, 1 week ago
Callanj wrote:
haha its a little outdated

What do you mean?
It's better to travel well than to arrive...

Re: Isolating and tracking moving object 9 months, 1 week ago #216507

• Callanj
  • Junior Boarder
  • 9 months, 1 week ago
the video... its for fusion 9

fusion 16 is out

Re: Isolating and tracking moving object 9 months, 1 week ago #216508

• Callanj
  • Junior Boarder
  • 9 months, 1 week ago
plus it was made in 2017

Re: Isolating and tracking moving object 9 months, 1 week ago #216509

• hugly
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 9 months, 1 week ago
I run both 9 and 16 with a Studio license. The video is from 2017.

From their forum I gather that the experienced pros working with Fusion are quite unhappy with Fusion 16's user interface, the functions haven't changed much. Versions 10 to 15 don't exist.

Forget about using Fusing for HD media on an Inspiron 3185.
Last Edit: 9 months, 1 week ago by hugly.

Re: Isolating and tracking moving object 9 months, 1 week ago #216510

• Callanj
  • Junior Boarder
  • 9 months, 1 week ago
yep i pretty much knew that...
What I didnt know was that they skipped 10-15
okay
and i meant the video was made in 2017, not fusion 9

just for the sake of science i might try it but if it turns out to fail (like I know it will ) then I will stop

Thanks for the help

Re: Isolating and tracking moving object 9 months, 1 week ago #216511

• hugly
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 9 months, 1 week ago
Try, don't buy, see and tell.

If you feel comfortable with it, somebody might chime in to tell how to configure it as assistant application.

Re: Isolating and tracking moving object 9 months, 1 week ago #216512

• Callanj
  • Junior Boarder
  • 9 months, 1 week ago
Ok! Thanks!

Re: Isolating and tracking moving object 9 months ago #216528

• RWAV
    Pro User
  • 9 months ago
Callanj wrote:
I'm sorry, how do you set up an Assistant Application?

Start in the VFX browser drop-down - fill in all the required details - being point LW at the target software .exe file and nominate the location for the export from that software. It will be self-evident when the set-up window is on the screen. If it is incomprehensible - then perhaps best to avoid software like Fusion.

BMD provides links in on their website - for example this is all that would be required and it may possibly run on the available computer.

This image is hidden for guests. Please log in or register to see it.

Panic not about which is the latest version the above is a sensible bells and whistles release - more useful in may ways to a user looking for a free option than later versions.

hugly - it is entirely possible to have installed the LW integration of Fusion and the Assistant Application option. We have both. For better management of Fusion compositions and renders here the AA version is used in preference to the other. Manually adding however many Fusion loaders might be necessary is a trivial task in the scheme of things.
BETA System
Microsoft Windows 7 Professional 64BIT
HP Z800 Workstation

Re: Isolating and tracking moving object 9 months ago #216529

• Callanj
  • Junior Boarder
  • 9 months ago
Okay, thank you for the response, but my computer struggles with running lightworks (albeit not too badly), but just out of interest I tried blender and its motion tracking software works well enough for what I need, and surprisingy enough, my computer manages to run Blender just fine.

So thank you so much for the awesome responses and glad to know there is a way to do that if I get a new computer, but for now, I think I will stick with blender.

Thanks again!

Re: Isolating and tracking moving object 9 months ago #216531

• RWAV
    Pro User
  • 9 months ago
No doubt Blender could be set up as a LW Assistant Application - then when working in a LW sequence Mark/Park the section of interest apply the AA from the Plug-ins category --- and the rest has been described above
BETA System
HP Z800 Workstation

Re: Isolating and tracking moving object 9 months ago #216542

• hugly
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 9 months ago
Callanj wrote:
my computer struggles with running lightworks (albeit not too badly), but just out of interest I tried blender and its motion tracking software works well enough for what I need, and surprisingy enough, my computer manages to run Blender just fine.

Since Blender is compositing software and Lightworks a NLE, the functions are very different. Depending on the task, you may wish using both.

Performance doesn't only depend on computer resources, but also on the video formats used and the complexity of effects. Lightworks provides an internal proxy workflow which might help when your computer struggles:

www.lwks.com/index.php?option=com_kunena&func=view&catid=217&id=194770&Itemid=81#194787

Re: Isolating and tracking moving object 9 months ago #216545

• RWAV
    Pro User
  • 9 months ago
hugly wrote:
Cannot say how to configure Fusion as assistant application, because I run a Pro version of Lightworks which has a dedicated interface to Fusion

Fusion in LW can be accessed by either the LW PRO version integration or as a LW assistant application in ether PRO or FREE

Please do not be intimidated by postings from others. For the work as described versions of stand-alone Fusion from V7 and are more than adequate for your needs.

This is the download link for the last V7 version of Fusion - it is way above what seems to be needed to satisfy this thread and includes full Fusion 3D functionality.

www.blackmagicdesign.com/support/download/94159607d0e14b01bf0c40a036d2cbc2/Windows

Please do advise if some later stand-alone version might seem a better fit - but be aware some functionality has been pared down i later stand alone versions.

A reminder to user hugly that LW can access both the integrated version of Fusion and the stand alone FUSION in both LW Free abnd LW Pro.

This image is hidden for guests. Please log in or register to see it.

To say otherwise is misinformation, for one knows not what reason.
BETA System
HP Z800 Workstation

Re: Isolating and tracking moving object 9 months ago #216546

• hugly
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 9 months ago
RWAV wrote:
A reminder to user hugly that LW can access both the integrated version of Fusion and the stand alone FUSION in both LW Free abnd LW Pro.

Good to know.

Years ago, when I used Lightworks with a Free license only, I tried the feature and decided to use Fusion 8 stand alone, instead of using it as assistant application, but I can't remember why. However, since I have switched the litte work I do with Fusion, mainly titles, to the Fusion module integrated in Resolve Studio 16, I have no need for using it with any Lightworks integration, currently.
Last Edit: 9 months ago by hugly.
Time to create page: 0.42 seconds
Scroll To Top