Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Annoyingly simple problem with title editing...

Annoyingly simple problem with title editing... 1 week, 3 days ago #189324

• stu1002
  • Fresh Boarder
  • 1 week, 3 days ago
OK, so this is so dumb, but it's driving me nuts.

To make a new text, I click the "mark in" and "mark out" points.

I put timeline marker between them... And create a title text, I can change the font, add fades etc...perfect...

The tax appears as a little green block on the timeline between the mark in and out points...fine...

If I get every marker point right first time, I have no problem at all...but..if not..and want to change it, now I'm stuck.

Now here's my problem: suppose I want to change the in and out points of the text after I create it, How the hell do I do that?

You would sort of assume you could just click on the green block and then drag the ends of it out as long or as short as you wanted it to be...

But no. When I do that, either nothing happens or the timeline suddenly flashes to 50 minutes further down the time line or something else random.

Why the heck is it so unintuitive? What am I doing wrong.

Re: Annoyingly simple problem with title editing... 1 week, 3 days ago #189326

• hugly
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 1 week, 3 days ago
Hello,

You change duration of effects on FX by trimming. With V14.5 this works in Edit and in VFX mode, with V14.0 only in Edit mode. Hover with the mouse over effect start or end until you see the left and right white brackets simultaneously. Either left-click to unjoin and use nudge and play commands to trim and <TAB>-key to join, or hold left mouse-button down and drag to trim and release to join.

Please note: Make sure that you see the double brackets not a single left or right bracket. Those stand for other trim methods which will affect other tracks together with the effect, unless you know how to toggle (enable/disable) Auto track sync.
It's better to travel well than to arrive...
Last Edit: 1 week, 3 days ago by hugly.

Re: Annoyingly simple problem with title editing... 1 week, 3 days ago #189327

• jwrl
    Pro User
  • 1 week, 3 days ago
Without standing over your shoulder and watching what you're doing, that's an extremely hard question to answer. I have just tried trimming a title in both flexible and fixed user interfaces, and it works for me.

However the clue may be "click on the green block". You need to click on the start or end of the green block if you want to trim.

Re: Annoyingly simple problem with title editing... 1 week, 3 days ago #189330

• RWAV
    Pro User
  • 1 week, 3 days ago
--- but if you want the title to appear later in the clip and/or end earlier you might either keyframe the title opacity so you don't see it for the full clip length - or my own preference - right click on the clip with the green square and from the FX menu drop-down select 'unfold' which will open a discrete FX track capable of being edited, trimmed, extended over more than a single clip and so on ---
BETA System
Microsoft Windows 7 Professional 64BIT
HP Z800 Workstation

Re: Annoyingly simple problem with title editing... 1 week, 3 days ago #189333

• jwrl
    Pro User
  • 1 week, 3 days ago
I assumed that stu1002 was referring to an unfolded effect, because that's what you usually get when you apply any effect the way that they suggest. They refer to a green block "between the mark in and out points". That is an unfolded effect, surely.

Re: Annoyingly simple problem with title editing... 1 week, 3 days ago #189345

• RWAV
    Pro User
  • 1 week, 3 days ago
That's probably right - I imagined the reference was to the green square in a folded effect.
BETA System
Microsoft Windows 7 Professional 64BIT
HP Z800 Workstation
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.24 seconds
Scroll To Top