Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Applying chroma key over a sequence of video clips

Applying chroma key over a sequence of video clips 1 week, 3 days ago #185670

• alex_zero
  • Fresh Boarder
  • 1 week, 3 days ago
I have a sequence of video clips and I am trying to apply chroma key to all of them at the same time. I have tried two approaches:

1. I applied chroma key separately to each video clip in the sequence
2. I applied chroma key to the whole video clip sequence

Neither approach seems to work well and there are blips in the chroma key effect over the cuts in the video sequence.

This was originally one clip which I cut into several clips so I could speed up, slow down and reverse different parts of the clip.

What's the best approach to achieve this?

Re: Applying chroma key over a sequence of video clips 1 week, 2 days ago #185681

• jwrl
    Pro User
  • 1 week, 2 days ago
If you can absolutely guarantee that everything about the clips is identical, lighting, colour background shading, hue and colour, everything, then set up a key on a representative clip. Save that as a template by right clicking in any blank area of your settings panel and choosing "Save as template..". Then just apply that template to all the other clips.

But be prepared to fine tune the keys after you've done this anyway. Keying is more of a black art than a science.
Last Edit: 1 week, 2 days ago by jwrl.

Re: Applying chroma key over a sequence of video clips 1 week, 2 days ago #185705

• RWAV
    Pro User
  • 1 week, 2 days ago
Hmmm! I'd apply the Chromakey to the original clip then each time it is used the key is in place - when you edit the key stays there.

It will probably be necessary to establish and perhaps at times re-establish the correct VFX routing and as jwrl suggest it will be necessary to tweak the key settings -
Attachments:
  • Attachment This attachment is hidden for guests. Please log in or register to see it.
BETA System
Microsoft Windows 7 Professional 64BIT
HP Z800 Workstation
Last Edit: 1 week, 2 days ago by RWAV.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.40 seconds
Scroll To Top