Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: How to make 2D move / zoom effects on static photo

Re: How to make 2D move / zoom effects on static photo 1 year, 10 months ago #184901

• briandrys
    Pro User
  • 1 year, 10 months ago
You've got a DVE effect, you don't need video black if you're using a DVE, only if you're using Image Key.

With the DVE you import the still into Lightworks using the same method as a standard video clip. Then place it into the sequence timeline, if you have video black in the timeline with a DVE you will only have black, since there is no still in the V track.

Using Image Key you bring the still in through the image key effect itself. This will key it into the video black that you've put into timeline.

They are two entirely different methods and shouldn't be confused.

Re: How to make 2D move / zoom effects on static photo 1 year, 10 months ago #184903

• GioMBG
  • Pro User
  • Fresh Boarder
  • 1 year, 10 months ago
yes SURE I'm start to be VERY confused...
was just suggested to me to make a black video...
what is DVE ? "Image Key" ?
and also how I can add a second line FX2 as I've see on video posted by Hugly ?
maybe if someone let me know, step by step, exactly how I.ve to do to make a single dissolve effect on 2 img, at this stage will be more userfull.
always thanks

Re: How to make 2D move / zoom effects on static photo 1 year, 10 months ago #184926

• briandrys
    Pro User
  • 1 year, 10 months ago
DVE is a Digital Visual Effect en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Digital_video_effect

Image key "Lets you insert an image into the frame on top of the other image, which allows images to run alongside each other and lets you place inserts where you want them." In this case you're inserting your still photograph onto a black "image".

Follow the link found in the blue "discussion" in the first paragraph for more on hugly's slide show.

Regarding dissolve, first you must get images onto your timeline. You can't proceed without those in place as you add image key stills.

For the two FX tracks mark and park where you want the first FX with the image key still, then mark and park where you want the second one, ensuring that there is an overlap of the two image keys. Use blend for the dissolve see RWAV's message above www.lwks.com/index.php?option=com_kunena&func=view&catid=7&id=184566&Itemid=81#184823

This image is hidden for guests. Please log in or register to see it.

You may have to drag and drop a third FX track effect segment down into the one of the existing FX tracks if you want to avoid a build up of FX tracks.

For mark and park see here: www.lwks.com/index.php?option=com_kunena&func=view&catid=27&id=110089&Itemid=81

Please go back to the start of the thread and work your way through again, the basic information is there. If you get stuck, use undo: it'll go back for 10 operations,

For more on dissolves and image key see this: www.lwks.com/index.php?option=com_kunena&func=view&catid=6&id=185110&Itemid=81#185165
Last Edit: 1 year, 10 months ago by briandrys.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.35 seconds
Scroll To Top