Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Removing Go-Pro Fisheye (New to Lightworks)

Removing Go-Pro Fisheye (New to Lightworks) 3 days, 20 hours ago #180862

• //REDACT3D
  • Fresh Boarder
  • 3 days, 20 hours ago
// This is a post from a Lightworks newbie, in regards to removing Fisheye from Go-Pro footage.

Hello folks - *Waves*

I'm new to the Lightworks platform and currently run the free version on my MacBook and wondering if the community here could possibly help me out here with removing go-pro "fisheye" effects from currently existing footage.

The Problem:
I apparently need to use this effect "CubicLensDistortion.fx" and have placed it into the EFFECTS TEMPLATE folder but I can't figure out how to access the effect. Most of the tutorials seem to be out-of-date and unfortunately reference a user interface that has since been updated? or perhaps appears different on MAC.

Beforehand, the Go-pro desktop app HAD the ability to remove the fisheye effect BUT they have since removed the option from the program. It was intuitive using the go-pro app to remove the fisheye effect...but now? yikes!

I've attached an image of what my Lightworks User interface looks like - in hopes that one of you guys can help me apply the "CubicLensDistortion.fx so that I can correct this go-pro footage!

Thanks guys!
Attachments:
  • Attachment This image is hidden for guests. Please log in or register to see it.

Re: Removing Go-Pro Fisheye (New to Lightworks) 3 days, 20 hours ago #180867

• jwrl
    Pro User
  • 3 days, 20 hours ago
First, welcome to the forums.

Placing the effect into the effects template folder is only part of the process. You also need to install it inside Lightworks. The tutorials are mainly based around the flexible interface, whereas doubtless you are using fixed one.

To install the effect:
  1. Select the VFX tab (or the "Effects" button on the timeline in flexible mode) - you're already there, so skip that bit.
  2. Click on the "+" tab at the top left of screen - you're already there too.
  3. Right click on "Category".
  4. from the drop down menu click on "Create template from .FX file..".
  5. Navigate to the effect that you want to install and double click on it.

Done! "Cubic lens distortion" will now appear in the "Stylize" category, under the "Repair" subcategory.
Last Edit: 3 days, 20 hours ago by jwrl.

Re: Removing Go-Pro Fisheye (New to Lightworks) 3 days, 19 hours ago #180870

• //REDACT3D
  • Fresh Boarder
  • 3 days, 19 hours ago
OH WOW - Right-Click on the WORD" Category" !! I would have NEVER figured that out!

Thank you very much jwrl for your time and explaining this! I've been pulling my hair out over here for a while now trying to figure this out over here! I now know how to access the new template thing!

And thanks for the warm welcome!

Re: Removing Go-Pro Fisheye (New to Lightworks) 3 days, 19 hours ago #180871

• jwrl
    Pro User
  • 3 days, 19 hours ago
Glad to be able to help.

Actually, "right click on the word category" was really just a shortcut explanation. You can right click anywhere in that window that isn't already occupied by an effect. I have just got into the habit of clicking there myself, so I very lazily described what I did.
Last Edit: 3 days, 19 hours ago by jwrl.

Re: Removing Go-Pro Fisheye (New to Lightworks) 3 days, 19 hours ago #180872

• //REDACT3D
  • Fresh Boarder
  • 3 days, 19 hours ago
Hey- whatever works bud! Works beauty now!
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.40 seconds
Scroll To Top