Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Need help to crop/ resize image added to a video

Need help to crop/ resize image added to a video 1 year, 2 months ago #180150

so today i was putting this cool text on top of the video when i try to use 2d dve on it it also resizes the video below it i need a way to resize only the image.

Please help me

Re: Need help to crop/ resize image added to a video 1 year, 2 months ago #180180

• jwrl
    Pro User
  • 1 year, 2 months ago
It's very hard to help someone with as little information as you've given, but I'll try. Please forgive me if any of my assumptions are wrong. I'll describe what you should be doing with an example using a Lightworks title, but in general terms this will also apply to a graphic or external artwork.

The first thing to do is check your routing. It should look like this. If it doesn't, in the immortal words of Captain James Kirk, make it so. If you're not using a title but a graphic the routing will be the same. Just replace the title with the graphic.

This image is hidden for guests. Please log in or register to see it.

However, I would strongly recommend using the 3D DVE and not the 2D DVE, because you can get unpredictable results once you start resizing and/or cropping titles or other images with alpha channels when using the 2D version. The thing to remember with the 3D DVE is that you adjust size with the Z position control. It's as if you're moving a camera closer to or further away from your graphic.

The next thing to point out is that the title has nothing connected to the input. THIS IS VERY IMPORTANT!!! If you have anything connected to it whatever that is will be resized along with the title. For the same reason you cannot have a blend effect before the DVE if you're using an external graphic with it.

Finally, externally compositing a Lightworks title effect as the screen grab above shows will result in any borders or drop shadows changing in density. This isn't a problem with external graphics. I have written an effect to handle that issue, but I don't think that you will need it in this context. If you do, ask, and I will direct you to it, but I think that for the moment you have enough to go on with.

And since this really should be in the "Effects" forum, I've moved it for you.
Last Edit: 1 year, 2 months ago by jwrl.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.26 seconds
Scroll To Top