Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: The displayed precision for effects numerical settings is not precise enough for HD/UHD

Re: The displayed precision for effects numerical settings is not precise enough for HD/UHD 1 year, 9 months ago #189276

• jwrl
    Pro User
  • 1 year, 9 months ago
Great White, one further thought has occurred to me. Now that we can directly trigger actions with individual frames using the new variables, would it be possible to either have integer parameters or use another flag to display float parameters as integers?

For example, I have a strobe effect that can be set to flash at specified frame rates. The only way that it can be set up is with a float, which is a potential source of confusion. Admittedly it isn't a game stopper, but it would be helpful if for clarity decimal values weren't displayed.
Last Edit: 1 year, 9 months ago by jwrl.

Re: The displayed precision for effects numerical settings is not precise enough for HD/UHD 1 year, 9 months ago #189277

• Great White
    Pro User
  • 1 year, 9 months ago
Fantastic! Both are good additions, but I have one further request: would it be possible also to have a flag "DisplayAsLiteral"?

Sure, I've added that for you.

does the new flag become mandatory when any range must be displayed as a percentage?

No - percentage values are still inferred as before (in the absence of either of the two new flags)
Lightworks Development

Re: The displayed precision for effects numerical settings is not precise enough for HD/UHD 1 year, 9 months ago #189278

• jwrl
    Pro User
  • 1 year, 9 months ago
Thank you very much indeed.

Re: The displayed precision for effects numerical settings is not precise enough for HD/UHD 1 year, 9 months ago #189279

• Great White
    Pro User
  • 1 year, 9 months ago
would it be possible to either have integer parameters or use another flag to display float parameters as integers?

There are implications for keyframing that I'll need to think about. In the mean-time, you can use integer parameters, as long as you have a finite list of choices, eg. :

int Opacity
<
   string Description = "Opacity";
   string Enum = "0,10,20,30,40,50,60,70,80,90,100";
> = 10;

(where the trailing '= 10' refers to an index, not a value)
Lightworks Development

Re: The displayed precision for effects numerical settings is not precise enough for HD/UHD 1 year, 9 months ago #189282

• jwrl
    Pro User
  • 1 year, 9 months ago
That's true, but it's not as attractive as a slider. However it really isn't a big problem, just something that would be nice.
Last Edit: 1 year, 9 months ago by jwrl.

Re: The displayed precision for effects numerical settings is not precise enough for HD/UHD 1 year, 9 months ago #189285

Thank you Great White! I'm looking forward to testing those nice additions!
LightWorks 14.1 on Linux Debian 4.9.65-3+deb9u2 (2018-01-04) x86_64 GNU/Linux
GeForce GT 445M with Nvidia drivers 340.24
Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU Q 840 @ 1.87GHz (4 cores + hyper-theading)
Medias on an NFS share (slowww!)
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.33 seconds
Scroll To Top