Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Create text as if it's being typed on the screen?

Create text as if it's being typed on the screen? 4 months, 1 week ago #169095

• thesunray
  • Fresh Boarder
  • 4 months, 1 week ago
Not sure how to get the right keywords to identify if this is already explained, but I'd like to do an effect of having the text look like it's been typed on the screen, with some audio of typing. (The audio I can create myself by typing.)

I can't find any effect that offers this built in. Either I don't know what it is called or else I just need to create it.

If the latter, am I right that this would be done by doing a whole bunch of identical title screens, then editing each one?

For example, if I wanted to have "Distance: 3500 kilometers" typed out, I might do it:

Distance: 3
Distance: 35
Distance: 350
Distance: 3500
Distance: 3500
Distance: 3500 k
Distance: 3500 ki
Distance: 3500 kil
Distance: 3500 kilo

...and so on?

Is there any easier way?

Thank you so much in advance for any help! I'm a newbie here but am astounded at the versatility and capabilities...just beginning to grasp it all.

Re: Create text as if it's being typed on the screen? 4 months, 1 week ago #169098

• hugly
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 4 months, 1 week ago
Hello and welcome!

In VFX mode, with "Titles" effect from Category "Text" you'll find in Settings under "Effects" tab "Typewriter". See if this meets your needs.

This image is hidden for guests. Please log in or register to see it.
It's better to travel well than to arrive...

Re: Create text as if it's being typed on the screen? 4 months, 1 week ago #169099

• Great White
    Pro User
  • 4 months, 1 week ago
If you want the text to grow from left to right (and have starting position remain the same) you'll also want to change the 'Anchor point' from 'Centre' to 'Left' on the Position tab.
Lightworks Development

Re: Create text as if it's being typed on the screen? 4 months, 1 week ago #169101

• thesunray
  • Fresh Boarder
  • 4 months, 1 week ago
Thank you so much. This is exactly what I was looking for. I had a feeling it was available but (dooh!) didn't figure out where it was hiding.

Awesome!
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.32 seconds
Scroll To Top