Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Title graphics?

Re: Title graphics? 2 years, 11 months ago #97126

• donkpow
  • Pro User
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 2 years, 11 months ago
Here's the business end. This is the old school method of communicating information on plays etc. That's fine, but communication could be improved immensely with some decent video.

HP Z600 5570
PNY Quadro K620
SB Audigy SE
Windows 7 Pro
ShuttlePRO v2

Re: Title graphics? 2 years, 11 months ago #97128

• donkpow
  • Pro User
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 2 years, 11 months ago
Traditionally, playbooks were distributed on paper in a binder.

This image is hidden for guests. Please log in or register to see it.

There are video editing and creation software programs tailored to different sports. Well, Lightworks can't compete with that. Or can it?

www.compusports.com/default.asp
HP Z600 5570
PNY Quadro K620
SB Audigy SE
Windows 7 Pro
ShuttlePRO v2

Re: Title graphics? 2 years, 11 months ago #97134

• RWAV
    Pro User
  • 2 years, 11 months ago
There are at least two LW users being the volunteers who compile, I guess significant play moments, for their team coaches. One in particular was most pleased at being able to dramatically reduce the time spent. Of course I can't remember who they are.

EDIT: Quick forum search - the user hdelien is one of them.
BETA System
Microsoft Windows 7 Professional 64BIT
HP Z800 Workstation
Last Edit: 2 years, 11 months ago by RWAV.

Re: Title graphics? 2 years, 11 months ago #97138

• donkpow
  • Pro User
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 2 years, 11 months ago
I'm not a sports fan and know practically nothing about football. Which is what makes me perfectly suitable to demonstrate related techniques.

I am thinking hdelien and others engaged in the compilation of significant play moments for their teams could benefit from the use of Shuttle PRO v2.
HP Z600 5570
PNY Quadro K620
SB Audigy SE
Windows 7 Pro
ShuttlePRO v2

Re: Title graphics? 2 years, 11 months ago #97139

• RWAV
    Pro User
  • 2 years, 11 months ago
I think you are probably right - weekend's almost upon us - will try to ask you some questions about exactly what you need to see/do and what the added-value is of LW ability to edit end then distribute a considered output as opposed to here-and-now off-the-cuff analysis?

The problem I have had trying to imagine a tool-set for this work is that all of the examples I see are already 'highlights' - I want to get my eyes into the actual full-on boredom of the unedited game. (Sorry American Football).
BETA System
HP Z800 Workstation

Re: Title graphics? 2 years, 11 months ago #97140

• donkpow
  • Pro User
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 2 years, 11 months ago
RWAV wrote:
I think you are probably right - weekend's almost upon us - will try to ask you some questions about exactly what you need to see/do and what the added-value is of LW ability to edit end then distribute a considered output as opposed to here-and-now off-the-cuff analysis?

The problem I have had trying to imagine a tool-set for this work is that all of the examples I see are already 'highlights' - I want to get my eyes into the actual full-on boredom of the unedited game. (Sorry American Football).
I have to go to work , now. I'll speak with you later on.

Look for videos over two hours in length.

HP Z600 5570
PNY Quadro K620
SB Audigy SE
Windows 7 Pro
ShuttlePRO v2

Re: Title graphics? 2 years, 11 months ago #97162

• jwrl
    Pro User
  • 2 years, 11 months ago
I've never really understood how a game that seems to consist of running as far as possible while carrying the ball can be called "football". But I guess that's just me...

Re: Title graphics? 2 years, 11 months ago #97169

• donkpow
  • Pro User
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 2 years, 11 months ago
Ah, so here we go. Afl looks like an interesting sport, "footy" as I would expect you guys to know it. As I understand it, you get points for putting the ball through the goal and for nearly putting the ball through the goal. Then there is the thing called a free kick. Are you sure there is actually competition in the sport?
HP Z600 5570
PNY Quadro K620
SB Audigy SE
Windows 7 Pro
ShuttlePRO v2

Re: Title graphics? 2 years, 11 months ago #97170

• jwrl
    Pro User
  • 2 years, 11 months ago
At least our game keeps moving! There seems to be an awful lot of stopping in yours.

But in reality, Don, I suspect your interest in your game matches my interest in mine.

Re: Title graphics? 2 years, 11 months ago #97173

• donkpow
  • Pro User
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 2 years, 11 months ago
jwrl wrote:
At least our game keeps moving! There seems to be an awful lot of stopping in yours.

But in reality, Don, I suspect your interest in your game matches my interest in mine.
I expect your interest in American football exceeds my interest in it.
HP Z600 5570
PNY Quadro K620
SB Audigy SE
Windows 7 Pro
ShuttlePRO v2

Re: Title graphics? 2 years, 11 months ago #97174

• RWAV
    Pro User
  • 2 years, 11 months ago
Surveying the field online - is seem to me ypu might be looking for the ability to export a edit a cut-down of just significant full passages of play (which I think seem to be what users like hdelien are doing) and then demonstrate how a coach might be able to view that edit on LW with a bunch of relevant play refinements. This latter part of the process is not necessarily for export.

Am I close?
BETA System
HP Z800 Workstation

Re: Title graphics? 2 years, 11 months ago #97192

• donkpow
  • Pro User
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 2 years, 11 months ago
@ RWAV,

That is a part of what is being created. I hope to present Lightworks as a tool that will be integral to the communication that occurs between coaching staff and the players. Lightworks can be used to produce highlight films, there is no doubt.

Let's consider the needs of coaching staff rather than those of fans. Players need to act in concert by fulfilling their respective assignments and adapting themselves to opposing circumstances without undermining the efforts of their team members. The components to achieve those goals have to be communicated to the players by the coaching staff. Traditionally, that communication is presented en masse at team meetings. It is important the information is imparted to the whole team at one time.

I believe that communication can be fulfilled better with A/V media.

A coach can take game footage, cut it down, and project it for the team in review of the most recent game. Preserve that footage in a Lightworks project. Repeat for all the games of the season.

Return to a project, extract a particular play to be used as an example. Collect all relevant examples into a project where they can be consolidated into a "play book". If the normal mode of operation includes additional explanatory material, it can be included with the representative clip. Now, the play book can be distributed as an A/V file.

Instructional material can be created in a similar manner. Graphics can be included, animation, freeze frames, slow motion, voice over, captions.

We are taking the communication that always occurs and consolidating it into the medium. The material can be reviewed privately, studied, presented to the team, modified, updated, just whatever you need once you get the program started.

Lightworks is being demonstrated as a tool

(pause for effect)

to enhance professional communications.
HP Z600 5570
PNY Quadro K620
SB Audigy SE
Windows 7 Pro
ShuttlePRO v2
Last Edit: 2 years, 11 months ago by donkpow.

Re: Title graphics? 2 years, 11 months ago #97200

• donkpow
  • Pro User
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 2 years, 11 months ago
I hate to be the one to say it but YouTube is not real life. It is what it is but it's not a major part of the industry of life. People of industry do things that don't have anything at all to do with YouTube. It's true.

Drones are cool, too. Camera carrying drones are more useful than surveying nude beaches in summer. Even though that is important, there may be more important, albeit boring, applications.
HP Z600 5570
PNY Quadro K620
SB Audigy SE
Windows 7 Pro
ShuttlePRO v2

Re: Title graphics? 2 years, 11 months ago #97204

• donkpow
  • Pro User
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 2 years, 11 months ago
Since we are considering the various concepts in this production, let me just throw this out there.

I know there is concern over the length of the full screen clip presented in the other thread. My story board, the one that exists in my head, presents two full screen clips. The first is entertaining, dramatic, blah, blah, blah. The second full screen clip, a different scene, is one that demonstrates the result of applying various tools to a clip of play action. A clip that will include freeze frame, speed reduced, zoom in, graphics overlay, voice over, subtitles, etc. I'm thinking about going full tilt and using motion tracking from Fusion. It's not a tutorial. I'm not talking about it, I'm doing it.

I think that relates to the questions by RWAV. We have that set of producers, entertainers, if you will. That group may be targeted in this demonstration video. It's just not the primary target. Perhaps it is the starting point for future producers who choose to diverge from that place. Who knows?
HP Z600 5570
PNY Quadro K620
SB Audigy SE
Windows 7 Pro
ShuttlePRO v2

Re: Title graphics? 2 years, 10 months ago #98228

• donkpow
  • Pro User
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 2 years, 10 months ago
Here's the revision. Two different fonts in a simple presentation give a more professional look, I think. I can carry the theme throughout the video.

I'm a little twitchy with the mouse pointer, as you can see. I bet I have tried to capture around a half a dozen times.

I just threw the audio at it so that it wouldn't have all dead air. I'll go back in after I get everything done and reshape that section. I'll need to add some air, either pink noise or open mic...

I have a problem with the way that inset video scales up. It seems I'd like to see the preview window scale up with it. Then I've got a problem with the frame counter. Maybe some border...

OBS, ffmpeg, Audacity, Ardour 3, Fusion, Lightworks.

EDIT: I forgot to say I'll be dissolving the video into the Lightworks browser and I'll start the voice over there.
HP Z600 5570
PNY Quadro K620
SB Audigy SE
Windows 7 Pro
ShuttlePRO v2
Last Edit: 2 years, 10 months ago by donkpow.
Time to create page: 0.40 seconds
Scroll To Top