Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: video doesn't play

video doesn't play 2 years, 11 months ago #94369

• pabgaribay
  • Fresh Boarder
  • 2 years, 11 months ago
hi! i just started using lightworks today, pictures work fine on my project, but i have problems with the video playing. the audio plays and the video freezes immediately. what can it be? I've no clue.

Re: video doesn't play 2 years, 11 months ago #94372

• briandrys
    Pro User
  • 2 years, 11 months ago
Welcome to the forum.

Unfortunately you're not providing enough information for people to assist you. Could you please give the spec of your computer and run an Mediainfo analysis of your video (link in downloads> useful tools, don't accept the bundled software unless you want it).

Re: video doesn't play 2 years, 11 months ago #94373

• jwrl
    Pro User
  • 2 years, 11 months ago
Welcome to the forums, although this is hardly the place for this type of question. I'll move it to the editing forum shortly.

Without knowing anything about your computer or the type of media that you're working with it's hard to give an answer. To help fix problems we need at least a minimum amount of information. You should read this thread to see what is needed and how to obtain and post it.

However, this type of symptom usually indicates a seriously underpowered system. The technical specifications on this website say:

All versions are designed to run on Intel and AMD chipsets and motherboards.

Operating Systems

Windows Vista, Windows 7 and Windows 8/8.1
Linux Supported Debian Distros: Ubuntu/Lubuntu/Xubuntu 14.04, Mint 17
Linux Supported RPM Distros: Fedora 20
Mac OS X

Recommended System Specs

Intel i7 chipset or faster, fast AMD chipset
3GB RAM or higher
Two high-resolution displays (1920 x1080) or above
PCI Express graphics card (NVIDIA or ATI) with 1GB or higher and support for DirectX 9
Separate media and system drives (these can be internal or external as long as the the interface is suitably fast
Compatible sound card
200MB Disk space for Lightworks installation
(Optional) a Lightworks Console.
(Optional) a Lightworks keyboard.

Graphics

One of the most important aspects for a system to run Lightworks is the graphics card. Although we support both NVIDIA and ATI graphics cards, we strongly recommend NVIDIA as the graphics card of choice, for anyone wishing to get the most out of Lightworks.

The two monitors are an option but pretty much everything else that you see there is required to get the most out of Lightworks.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.55 seconds
Scroll To Top