Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Video from two Smart phones and two Nikon SLR cameras with an added mixed audio track

Video from two Smart phones and two Nikon SLR cameras with an added mixed audio track 3 years, 5 months ago #94026

• Wingman55
  • Junior Boarder
  • 3 years, 5 months ago
[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kgsEvh2f-_4[/video]

This music video was recorded using two Smart phones, two Nikon SLR cameras. The music soundtrack comprises the raw audio as recorded 'off the board', and mixed. Additionally, the mono audio from the phones and the cameras was mixed to create stereo 'audience tracks' that were then blended with the music tracks to give the effect of really being there.

The video was shot at 30 FPS mp4, 24 FPS mp4 and 23.976 FPS AVI, and the audio is 44.1 kHz WAV file.

The most difficult part was syncing the video to the replaced audio tracks, but thanks to these forums and "donkpow", I was able to figure out what was happening and get it all to work.
Last Edit: 3 years, 5 months ago by Wingman55. Reason: Update title

Re: Video from two Smart phones and two Nikon SLR cameras with an added mixed audio track 3 years, 5 months ago #94028

• donkpow
  • Pro User
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 3 years, 5 months ago
That turned out fine.

I'll go ahead and embed that here so that it can be viewed locally.

HP Z600 5570
PNY Quadro K620
SB Audigy SE
Windows 7 Pro
ShuttlePRO v2

Re: Video from two Smart phones and two Nikon SLR cameras with an added mixed audio track 3 years, 5 months ago #94101

• Wingman55
  • Junior Boarder
  • 3 years, 5 months ago
Thanks donkpow. So how did you create the 'linky'?

Re: Video from two Smart phones and two Nikon SLR cameras with an added mixed audio track 3 years, 5 months ago #94104

• donkpow
  • Pro User
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 3 years, 5 months ago
Thusly.

This image is hidden for guests. Please log in or register to see it.

Click Insert video.
HP Z600 5570
PNY Quadro K620
SB Audigy SE
Windows 7 Pro
ShuttlePRO v2
Last Edit: 3 years, 5 months ago by donkpow.

Re: Video from two Smart phones and two Nikon SLR cameras with an added mixed audio track 3 years, 5 months ago #94300

• Wingman55
  • Junior Boarder
  • 3 years, 5 months ago
Ohhh, I used the URL box below, and clicked Insert Video. I didn't know. Oh well.

Thanks for the comment on the video. The videos that I had to work with were not the best quality, but that's OK. I was able to learn a lot and I will be a better editor in the future.

Overall I like Lightworks a LOT better than Windows Moviemaker, although for what that program is, it does an OK job. That is the program I used for last year's show. Lightworks really works a lot like Audacity, (which I use a lot). Once you get the hang of it, it's not bad. In fact it's really good.

Thanks once again for all your help, I really appreciate it, and I am getting nice comments from folks about the final cut.

Re: Video from two Smart phones and two Nikon SLR cameras with an added mixed audio track 3 years, 5 months ago #94317

• donkpow
  • Pro User
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 3 years, 5 months ago
I watched the 2014 video, too. Shaky.

I made a similar video for a friend. He was a big fan of somebody, I don't remember who. So I went to YouTube and downloaded all the videos I could find from one of her concerts. Edited the videos together and used some v-e-r-y l-o-n-g crossfades in the audio so that no one would figure out that the video was made from several different capture equipment.
HP Z600 5570
PNY Quadro K620
SB Audigy SE
Windows 7 Pro
ShuttlePRO v2

Re: Video from two Smart phones and two Nikon SLR cameras with an added mixed audio track 3 years, 5 months ago #94399

• Wingman55
  • Junior Boarder
  • 3 years, 5 months ago
Yeah, last year's video was made from two cell phones, and they were different aspect ratios. Windows MovieMaker decided to chop off the top and bottoms of the 4:3 shots and there was nothing I could do about it. (It plays OK in the Editor though.)

For this year, most of the cross-fades between the two cell phone videos were done because, in the one video anyway, people in the audience would keep walking in the way. (Sit down and watch the show for crying out loud, people!)
Last Edit: 3 years, 5 months ago by Wingman55.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.31 seconds
Scroll To Top