Username Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: "Bernie's Trees" latest project edited with V12

"Bernie's Trees" latest project edited with V12 3 years, 4 months ago #89972

• pechara
  • Pro User
  • Fresh Boarder
  • 3 years, 4 months ago
this was fun editing in Lightworks. I'm really liking the software to date.
youtu.be/XjaHMeYBGY8

Re: "Bernie's Trees" latest project edited with V12 3 years, 4 months ago #89982

• RWAV
    Pro User
  • 3 years, 4 months ago
Very nice piece, very much to like about it. Great 'talent' with a deceptively complex message in an agrarian package, all this an excellent fit with the understated and intimate production style. Structure and editing that kept it's eye on story growth very well and engaged this audience's empathy successfully.

For my obligatory quibble I'd have a conversation on whether the story climax had not been reached some few scenes before the last and whether those final scenes, which were perhaps a little short on footage anyway, successfully responded to an audience expectation for a conclusion.
BETA System
Microsoft Windows 7 Professional 64BIT
HP Z800 Workstation

Re: "Bernie's Trees" latest project edited with V12 3 years, 4 months ago #89995

• osaeris
  • Pro User
  • Expert Boarder
  • 3 years, 4 months ago
Enjoyable short thanks for posting.
Lightworks 14
Ubuntu Studio 14.02 LTS (64 bit),
Custom workstation i5-3550, 16Gb RAM
1 x 120Gb Samsung EVO 850 SSD
1 x 2Tb, 1 x 3Tb SATA drives
NVidia GTX 950 (2Gb)
2 x Eizo flexscan l768
Emu 1212m digital audio
Blackmagic Design Intensity Pro PCIE

Re: "Bernie's Trees" latest project edited with V12 3 years, 4 months ago #89997

• pechara
  • Pro User
  • Fresh Boarder
  • 3 years, 4 months ago
Wow, thank you for such a thoughtful review. Since I'm still learning all this, in your opinion what parts would you have cut or re-arranged for a better finish?

Re: "Bernie's Trees" latest project edited with V12 3 years, 4 months ago #90003

• osaeris
  • Pro User
  • Expert Boarder
  • 3 years, 4 months ago
If the last post was for me I'm sorry I didn't expand on my comment any more. I watched the whole piece through over lunch and found it very interesting. I liked the main stem of the walking interview with cutaways - The more you work with it the more you find Lightworks makes that kind of thing easy to realise. It was nice to hear the individual stories many of the trees have and how they ended up there. I don't know if you shot and edited or just edited but either way good work.
Lightworks 14
Ubuntu Studio 14.02 LTS (64 bit),
Custom workstation i5-3550, 16Gb RAM
1 x 120Gb Samsung EVO 850 SSD
1 x 2Tb, 1 x 3Tb SATA drives
NVidia GTX 950 (2Gb)
2 x Eizo flexscan l768
Emu 1212m digital audio
Blackmagic Design Intensity Pro PCIE

Re: "Bernie's Trees" latest project edited with V12 3 years, 4 months ago #90004

• pechara
  • Pro User
  • Fresh Boarder
  • 3 years, 4 months ago
osaeris wrote:
If the last post was for me I'm sorry I didn't expand on my comment any more. I watched the whole piece through over lunch and found it very interesting. I liked the main stem of the walking interview with cutaways - The more you work with it the more you find Lightworks makes that kind of thing easy to realise. It was nice to hear the individual stories many of the trees have and how they ended up there. I don't know if you shot and edited or just edited but either way good work.

Thank you. Yes, I shot this in one day and edited over the next few. Nothing was scripted so its really just a short documentary piece. Lightworks really does allow for things to flow smoothly. The more I use it the more i like it.

Re: "Bernie's Trees" latest project edited with V12 3 years, 4 months ago #90049

• David Rasberry
  • Pro User
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 3 years, 4 months ago
Great story. Nice job on the production and editing too. I love simple personal docs like this.
I love Lightworks for editing this kind of project too. So clean and efficient.
Razz

Digital Bolex 2k Cinema DNG raw camera
Canon GL2 DV camcorder
iPAD Mini 3 Iographer rig

Workstation: Intel i7-4770k, Asrock Z87 Thunderbolt 2 MB, 16GB 1866 DDR3 ram,
2TB Seagate Hybrid system drive, 2TB Seagate NAS media drive, E-sata III hot swap drive bay, Nvidia GTX760 2GB GPU
Lightworks kybrd. Shuttlepro v2
Win10 Pro 64bit, Lightworks 14.0 64bit

Mobile Workstation: MSI GTX72 Dominator
Intel i7-6700HQ 2.7GHz Win10 64bit
16GB DDR4 ram, 500GB M.2 SSD
Nvidia GTX970 3GB GPU
USB3, USB3.1-C, Thunderbolt 3 ports
Shuttlepro2 Win10 64bit LW 14.0 64 bit
Last Edit: 3 years, 4 months ago by David Rasberry.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.45 seconds
Scroll To Top