• Page:

TOPIC: my cameraman work showreel

my cameraman work showreel 3 years, 6 months ago #82814

• MSchukat
  • Pro User
  • Fresh Boarder
  • 3 years, 6 months ago
This is my camera work showreel.
The most shots are done with different Canon EOS models. Some pictures were taken with Digitag Betacam, XDCam HD or Panasonic P2 broadcast cameras.
For the edit i used lightworks 12 for linux on Ubuntu 14.04.
Hope you enjoy and comments are always welcome.

Re: my cameraman work showreel 3 years, 6 months ago #82826

• Matt Sandford
  • Administrator
    Pro User
  • Administrator
  • 3 years, 6 months ago
Hi MSchukat,

This is an excellent showreel. It is good to see that the Linux version of Lightworks is being used with such success.

I would be very keen to hear your comments on how the process was with Lightworks on Ubuntu.

Matt
Lightworks Product Manager

Re: my cameraman work showreel 3 years, 6 months ago #83299

• jabbapop
  • Pro User
  • Expert Boarder
  • 3 years, 6 months ago
I know you say you're a cameradude so I can't judge you on editing but I gotta say you really slapped em together what right! The visual within the individual shots went really well with sequencing to subsequent cuts. Color palettes, motion, etc. I found my eye watching one shot and even if the next focal point was a bit 'jarring' and my eye had to reset, I was not unhinged, nay, I was even more involved, for what is life, I guess, but a series of ever-tilting stimuli?

To take a step back, not to get post-modern, i just gotta say from the heart, I didn't like the introduction of "real" violence and its... subsequent... resolution with comic book heroes. It made me feel as if everything I just watched and will continue for the remainder is nothing but a hedonistic indulgence for developed economic countries, which, for myself, living in one, I should never have to feel about what I'm watching. I gotta say, now that I think about it, there's probably some kind of super weird latent ideological deconstruction which could be done in re your sequencing decisions (filet of fish for a tortured sociopolitcal psychopath, anyone?), but all that aside.... You really caught some nice shots, dude. Hook line.
My art is my heart, and it beats and bleeds with the life I live.
www.youtube.com/jabbapop
Last Edit: 3 years, 6 months ago by jabbapop.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.61 seconds
Scroll To Top