Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Recent work for 4 comunities in Flanders (Belgium) about Fair-trade (in Flemish-Dutch)

Recent work for 4 comunities in Flanders (Belgium) about Fair-trade (in Flemish-Dutch) 3 years, 7 months ago #81306

• Philsteelandt
  • Pro User
  • Fresh Boarder
  • 3 years, 7 months ago
Last Edit: 3 years, 7 months ago by Site Admin.

Re: Recent work for 4 comunities in Flanders (Belgium) about Fair-trade (in Flemish-Dutch) 3 years, 7 months ago #81444

• britcom
  • Expert Boarder
  • 3 years, 7 months ago
Very nice video.
- Seán Mx

Lightworks Free x64 & x32 12.6 | Acer Aspire AX3400G-U4802 Desktop PC Black | Windows 7 Home Premium x64 SP1 | AMD Athlon(tm) II X2 255 Processor, 3100 Mhz, 2 Core(s), 2 Logical Processor(s) | ATI Radeon HD 5570 GPU | 4 GB RAM | 1 TB HD | Acer AL2017 LCD Flat panel display (20") Black | Dell L100 104 key USB keyboard Black | Acer optical wheel mouse Black | DVD-RW burner | AVG AntiVirus Free 16.101.7752 | QuickTime 7.7.3 | Windows 7 Firewall

Re: Recent work for 4 comunities in Flanders (Belgium) about Fair-trade (in Flemish-Dutch) 3 years, 7 months ago #81487

• Philsteelandt
  • Pro User
  • Fresh Boarder
  • 3 years, 7 months ago
Hi Britcom,

Thanks... nice to read.
Sorry that I didn't subtitle it in English and I realise that you had to guess a lot about the content
The boy-reporter is my own son investigating about fair-trade in the countryside: What's the connection between local growers and Fair-trade?
Is Fair-trade not supposed to be something with us and third world countries? What's the link between mentally disabled persons working here and fair-trade...
the funny part is that I "used" my son for this (was not sure if it would work) and that the people answered him in a simple way, answers that a 10 year boy can understand... and, fair-trade is also about "children at work in third world countries"... well, this one isn't fair-trade at all in that perspective

Re: Recent work for 4 comunities in Flanders (Belgium) about Fair-trade (in Flemish-Dutch) 3 years, 2 months ago #88773

• avoloreloxop
  • Pro User
  • Junior Boarder
  • 3 years, 2 months ago
I like the pace of the video, very relaxed. May I ask what kind of microphone you used to capture your son's audio and the person talking? Was it something like a boom mic? (Røde NTG-2 or something).

For a future video: the shot with your son walking through the lavenderfield (at least I think that's what it is, correct me if I'm wrong) towards the camera, would've been a nice second shot after the "Daar leeft bio" sign.

The "daar leeft bio" sign is a nice "establishing shot", it immediately tells the viewer what they can probably expect to see (this is a "what" establishing shot).
A shot of the farmer's house or building that is next to the farming site could also work, because it tells people "where" the video was made.

This is a powerful tool in case the farming company is a well known place (either because it's housed in a visually appealing building or geographically appealing when it comes to it's location).

For an ending to the video, the same kind of shot with your son walking through the flowerfield could be used, but this time with your son walking away from the camera.

Movement towards the camera invites people into a story, movement away from the camera ends a story, closes it.

By the way, was most of the video footage recorded on a DSLR kind of camera?
Mainboard: AsusTek M5A97 R2.0
Chipset: AMD 970 (RX980) + SB920/SB950
Processor: AMD FX-4130 Quad-Core Processor @ 3,8 Ghz
Memory: 2x4GB ICIDU PC3-10600 DDR3 SDRAM Non-ECC at 677 Mhz
Videocard: Nvidia GeForce GTX 650 with 2048 MB DDR5 SDRAM
SoundCard: Roland DUO-CAPTURE EX

Kernel-version: 3.13.0-43 (x86_64)

OS disk: 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO PRO 256GB at SATA 6GB/s
Data/video disk: Western Digital WD10EARS-00Y5B1 (1000GB)

Lightworks version 12.0

Monitor: BenQ G2410HD

Camera's:
Canon EOS 60D
JVC GY-DV5000E

Re: Recent work for 4 comunities in Flanders (Belgium) about Fair-trade (in Flemish-Dutch) 3 years, 2 months ago #88869

• Philsteelandt
  • Pro User
  • Fresh Boarder
  • 3 years, 2 months ago
Hi Avoloreloxop,
Yes the mic is on a boom and its a Rode videomic (mono). I'm "old school" and I prefer sound from a boom than that of a Lavalier type mic.
The boom is heavy, catches a lot of wind, but gives you a more realistic sound I think... The camera is a Canon Legria HFG25. This combination is quite O.K. for low budget-jobs and websites as destination.
I totaly agree with your "establishing shot" remarks.
In this particulary case I was asked to depict the bio farm as being "one of many others" in the 4 comunities...local politics
The lavender-shot opens a totaly different location, and couldn't fit after the "hier leeft bio" ... but indead, I should have let my son walk away at the end.

Thanks for your very accurate remarks
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.32 seconds
Scroll To Top