Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Lightworks work with light

Lightworks work with light 3 years, 9 months ago #78724

• hopeless
  • Fresh Boarder
  • 3 years, 9 months ago
Proof of concept video, edited & graded in Lwks Beta 12 - HAD to go into AE just to be able to do a crop (that revealed Bg) as didn't manage a easy solution inside Lwks, I'll investigate further =)
BTW I have to apologize for my parkinson 160-400mm handheld push-pull shooting with no IS

This image is hidden for guests. Please log in or register to see it.

Third pass made in Lwks Beta 12, then got into psicodelic AE

Hope moderators don't mind me putting this videos into context, thanks
hopelessatfixingtherain.wordpress.com/2014/09/11/introducing-dragonflais-to-leo-while-diy-project/

gashรด
Last Edit: 3 years, 9 months ago by hopeless. Reason: clear

Re: Lightworks work with light 3 years, 9 months ago #78771

• rhinox202
  • Pro User
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 3 years, 9 months ago
hopeless wrote:
HAD to go into AE just to be able to do a crop (that revealed Bg) as didn't manage a easy solution inside Lwks, I'll investigate further

Your post is in the "Community Showcase" thread, so I don't mean to "hijack" it as it were, but you can do cropping in Lightworks using the DVE effect. Assuming the effect that you wanted to accomplish is the black and white wipe to the same video with more contrast, I've attached a couple of screenshots that depict how you can do this. Since you are going to "investigate further" I won't detail exactly how to do it. However, if you have any questions, feel free to ask.

Attachments:
  • Attachment This image is hidden for guests. Please log in or register to see it.
  • Attachment This image is hidden for guests. Please log in or register to see it.
Intel Core 2 Quad (Q6600) :: 4GB :: 256GB SSD :: 1TB HD :: EVGA Geforce GTX 1050 Ti :: Win 10 Pro (1709) :: Lwks 14.1 Beta
Last Edit: 3 years, 9 months ago by rhinox202.

Re: Lightworks work with light 3 years, 9 months ago #78786

• hopeless
  • Fresh Boarder
  • 3 years, 9 months ago
Your post is in the "Community Showcase" thread, so I don't mean to "hijack" it as it were

Don't be so humble mr Rhino
Glad U did; you're helping me and I'm more than grateful =)

But you can do cropping in Lightworks using the DVE effect. Assuming the effect that you wanted to accomplish is the black and white wipe to the same video with more contrast, I've attached a couple of screenshots that depict how you can do this.

Yeah, DVE was the effect I was looking for, not really the rectangular zoom out wipe that I ended up doing just because, but a simple most innofensive crop with alpha properties. Found that the wipe effect in the Mixes category works as well. Incredible collection of wipes!!! I'm all for straight cut, but I have to implement some of these

This DVE thing is gonna come handy the day I finally put to practice the idea of mimicking Kurosawa's intro circular zoom out wipe titles.

Anyway I feel there's much to dig in this Lwks platform, thankfully my grandpa was a miner.

Since you are going to "investigate further" I won't detail exactly how to do it. However, if you have any questions, feel free to ask.

Once again heartfelt thank u, I'll do so

All good
max
Last Edit: 3 years, 9 months ago by hopeless.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.34 seconds
Scroll To Top