Username Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Taking A. Schnittke

Taking A. Schnittke 3 years, 6 months ago #75916

• jabbapop
  • Pro User
  • Expert Boarder
  • 3 years, 6 months ago
Alfred Sergeyevich Schnittke. Words cannot express... Which is why I made a video. Principal photography was done spuriously, without any idea as to context. It was only after listening to his first symphony yet again, on the now defunct B.I.S. label, that the IDEA fermented to its perfect form. I rather enjoy the harsh cutting which "music videos" allow, and subsequently didn't bother to think twice when jumping from one "shot" to the next.

BE FOREWARNED: audio gets rather loud near the end. This is the nature of the music. Weird textures, drifting builds, EXTREME apexes.

Normally, I don't like using copyright materials. It doesn't feel "honest." But my work as of late has developed into what I can only imagine smart people might call "post-modern" collages as they let me eat their Mac 'n' cheese. I wish youtube didn't mandate this floater ad on my video because of my use of one of only TWO recordings of this great man's symphony #1. Still, if they make money off my work, maybe there can be more...

My art is my heart, and it beats and bleeds with the life I live.
www.youtube.com/jabbapop
Last Edit: 3 years, 6 months ago by jabbapop. Reason: their ≠ there

Re: Taking A. Schnittke 3 years, 6 months ago #75928

• donkpow
  • Pro User
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 3 years, 6 months ago
Don't Schnittke me, pal.
HP Z600 5570
PNY Quadro K620
SB Audigy SE
Windows 7 Pro