Username Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Just for fun.

Just for fun. 4 years, 2 months ago #75009

• donkpow
  • Pro User
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 4 years, 2 months ago
I put this together last year for another forum I visit. I don't usually publish my own stuff but I made this one to be shared. The music is "Oh Baby" performed by Benny Goodman and His Orchestra. I don't believe I did anything to the audio.

HP Z600 5570
PNY Quadro K620
SB Audigy SE
Windows 7 Pro
ShuttlePRO v2

Re: Just for fun. 4 years, 1 month ago #75920

• jabbapop
  • Pro User
  • Expert Boarder
  • 4 years, 1 month ago
Benny Goodman's lil' town... A real swing "set" if I've ever seen ekeke.

Iono mang. Old timey stock footage can be pretty nostalgic especially once you realize these folks were facing the focal before cell-fone cams were even dreamed up, so there's some real cute bashfulness there.... I'd prefer to just listen to the music in the background though, not to be insulting... Watching the vid though, I mean PUSHING myself to pay attention, it's like a little small town/city going through its mechanizations. Though without any narrative and like you say, it's an in-thing.

Upon further reflection, not to get too deep, or existential, but these FACES... THESE REAL, VERITAE FACES! Are souls! Etc, etc.... A la fugue, a personal thing...

Man, you can watch this a thousand times, and it seems fun with the music, but every single face is alienated, in its own way, by the intrusion of the focal lenses.....
My art is my heart, and it beats and bleeds with the life I live.
www.youtube.com/jabbapop

Re: Just for fun. 4 years, 1 month ago #75927

• donkpow
  • Pro User
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 4 years, 1 month ago
IIRC, the home 'movies' were shot in the late 1930's. That means those little faces have not been exposed to television and some haven't been to the cinema. Prelinger Archives, archive.org.
HP Z600 5570
PNY Quadro K620
SB Audigy SE
Windows 7 Pro
ShuttlePRO v2
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.35 seconds
Scroll To Top