Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Music Video

Music Video 3 years, 11 months ago #74047

• raeditor
  • Fresh Boarder
  • 3 years, 11 months ago
Absolute noob. I installed Lightworks on Friday and finished this video by Saturday night....and it shows. Although I had watched some Lightworks tutorial videos previously, I am quite new to video editing (I've used windows movie maker a couple times, that's it). The purpose of the video was just to have some fun showing me being a rhythm section performing "Theme from New York, New York". The melody/vocal line is purposely left out so someone else can play/sing it.

All video shot with a Zoom Q4. Each video was shot while I performed each part at different times into my DAW. Snare and acoustic guitar recorded with SM-57, bass recorded direct into Presonus Audiobox. All video/audio production work done on an HP quad i7 laptop.

I had EXTREME difficulty trying to sync the three different video clips and one separate audio. Basically, I did a lot of looking at audio waveforms, trying to match to video frames. Of course, it did not turn out real well. The snare part looks the best because it easiest to pick a precise frame (brush hitting snare) to sync on. I'm sure there must be a better way. Any guidance/feedback on this would be greatly appreciated.

On the bottom of the "snare" frame, there is some kind of bizarre video artifact, maybe 1-3 pixels high. I don't see that on my original source. I'm guessing it was somehow introduced by the quad split screen effect. Any idea what it is and how to fix/avoid it?

Also, it seems to me that the bass levels dropped when I imported the audio. It (Lightworks) did do a conversion from WAV (PCM/1411 Kbps/44.1Khz) to AAC (157Kbps/ 48Khz). Is there any way to control that conversion?

Again, ANY feedback would be welcome. There is obviously significant room for improvement. Although I did accomplish my basic goal (showing me play 3 parts in a quad split screen), I think it could have been better. Thanks.

Last Edit: 3 years, 11 months ago by raeditor.

Re: Music Video 3 years, 11 months ago #74602

• ADElena
  • Fresh Boarder
  • 3 years, 11 months ago
All I can say is 'well done.' If you've accomplished your goal then that's all you can ask. I would try cropping and re-sizing the videos, that might get rid of the odd edge artifact in the upper left video pane? And, just for balance, shoot a fourth video, maybe a cutaway to your face. I wouldn't be to hard on yourself. The video's looked fairly synced to my eye.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.34 seconds
Scroll To Top