Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: A preview video that I am satisfied with so I can show it to you too! :)

A preview video that I am satisfied with so I can show it to you too! :) 5 years, 7 months ago #43270

• Danas_Anis
  • Pro User
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 5 years, 7 months ago
Hello!

This is not my first edit with Lighgtworks, but this is one of the first ones that I can publicly share and one of those that I like my self.

I was working with an extremely talented hair stylist who invited me to take a video of his new wedding hair styles collection photoshoot backstage and getting ready period.
I present you a glimpse from this project.

Our goal was to make a small preview video clip so the time wouldn;t get too long before the nice pictures are being published in the magazine and we will show another video clip, this time revealing the hairstyles, beautiful models and nice decorations and how it all was done.

Filmed with Pentax k-30, no true cinematography equipment, but I think the result is quite nice.

Be sure to watch in HD

or if you prefer:

vimeo.com/63511266
Kind regards,
Danas
issuu.com/c3de
www.danas-imaging.com

DELL Precision M5520; Intel Core i7-6820HQ CPU @ 2.7 GHz; 16GiB of RAM; Nvidia Quadro M1200 w/4GB GDDR5 / Intel HD Graphics 530 ,

DELL XPS L502X; Intel Core i-7-2630QM CPU @ 2.0 GHz; 8GB RAM; NVidia GeForce 540M 2Gb.

Kubuntu 16.04

Re: A preview video that I am satisfied with so I can show it to you too! :) 5 years, 7 months ago #43271

• muellehe
  • Expert Boarder
  • 5 years, 7 months ago
quite inspiring - especially the splitscreens using blurred scenes on one side are a brilliant idea
Asus N61Ja Series, i3M350 @2,27GHz, 4GB, Win7 64 bit

Re: A preview video that I am satisfied with so I can show it to you too! :) 5 years, 7 months ago #43279

• jwrl
    Pro User
  • 5 years, 7 months ago
Very clever.

Danas_Anis wrote:
Filmed with Pentax k-30, no true cinematography equipment, but I think the result is quite nice.

The equipment used isn't necessarily an indicator of the creativity. You shouldn't ever apologise for your equipment.
Last Edit: 5 years, 7 months ago by jwrl.

Re: A preview video that I am satisfied with so I can show it to you too! :) 5 years, 7 months ago #43293

• doomsday
  • Pro User
  • Gold Boarder
  • 5 years, 7 months ago
jwrl wrote:
Very clever.

Danas_Anis wrote:

The equipment used isn't necessarily an indicator of the creativity. You shouldn't ever apologise for your equipment.

True dat.

I think it looks good, Nice job. I'm sure your hair stylist friend is very pleased.
Asus X99 Deluxe MB, Intel Core i7 5930K 3.50 GHz cpu, Dual SLI EVGA GTX970s, 32Gb Crucial ddr4 mem, Kingston 450/450 SSD main drive,Second SSD Working drive, Windows 10

Re: A preview video that I am satisfied with so I can show it to you too! :) 5 years, 7 months ago #43322

• Danas_Anis
  • Pro User
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 5 years, 7 months ago
Hello!

Thank you very much for your comments and compliments!
It is really encouraging to hear positive feedback

Actually I was very pleased with the camera output, this is one of those cameras that just do colors good, I didn;t want to do any color grading so it is completely raw footage edited and rendered. Pity Pentax k30 gets low ratings in term of Videogrpahy, because it is really a capable camera.

But what matters most is that video looks good and that I am getting better and better with Lightworks It works really well and allows me to focus more on the creative part of video editing it self.

I am very happy you like the result
Kind regards,
Danas
issuu.com/c3de
www.danas-imaging.com

DELL Precision M5520; Intel Core i7-6820HQ CPU @ 2.7 GHz; 16GiB of RAM; Nvidia Quadro M1200 w/4GB GDDR5 / Intel HD Graphics 530 ,

DELL XPS L502X; Intel Core i-7-2630QM CPU @ 2.0 GHz; 8GB RAM; NVidia GeForce 540M 2Gb.

Kubuntu 16.04

Re: A preview video that I am satisfied with so I can show it to you too! :) 5 years, 7 months ago #43586

• eminyaren
  • Junior Boarder
  • 5 years, 7 months ago
This is very good video...

Re: A preview video that I am satisfied with so I can show it to you too! :) 5 years, 7 months ago #43596

• timzett
  • Pro User
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 5 years, 7 months ago
Very good video.
With my experience from previous shots, I guess you used additional lightning, right?
If so, what kind of lights and how many did you use?

Cheers,
Tim
Lwks x64 14.5 (pro license), on Windows 10
HARDWARE PC1:
.Intel Core i7-4710HQ Quad-core 2,50 GHz, 16 GB DDR3 SDRAM
.GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 860M with 4 GB RAM
.Sound: Onboard (Realtek)
.Disks: 250 GB SSD internal (OS/programs), 1 TB internal SATA for editing material
HARDWARE PC2:
.Intel Core2Quad, 8 GB RAM, 800 MHz FSB
.GPU: NVIDIA Quadro 600 with 1 GB DDR3 RAM
.Sound: Focusrite Saffire Pro (FW)
.Disks: 1x 250 GB SSD internal (OS/programs), 1x eSATA II (external) 1 TB for editing material (video and audio)
CAMs: Sony PXW-X70, NEX-5n

Re: A preview video that I am satisfied with so I can show it to you too! :) 5 years, 7 months ago #43608

• Danas_Anis
  • Pro User
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 5 years, 7 months ago
Hello!

Thank you for the compliments!

No special lighting was used, only what was in studio and they were set up for the photoshooting. In the studio it self there were two big softboxes one beauty light and one fill light set up. to get more light for me they just pointed one additional fill light to the sealing.

in the preparation room where most of the shots in this video are there were only two regular lamps on the sealing and nice lamps around the mirrors that you can see in the video.

It was filmed with no LED or any other special lighting set up specifically made for video shooting. I was shooting video as documentary and was quite afraid it might not look good, since I was worried that the lighting might not look nice. but this time I got lucky
Kind regards,
Danas
issuu.com/c3de
www.danas-imaging.com

Kubuntu 16.04
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.37 seconds
Scroll To Top