Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Highlanders in Africa - documentary film edited on Lightworks Beta

Highlanders in Africa - documentary film edited on Lightworks Beta 5 years, 7 months ago #42630

• weingibz
  • Fresh Boarder
  • 5 years, 7 months ago
Dear Lightworks users and producers!

A two years ago, I was totally newbie in film editing. Made few shorts on Vegas, I couldn't even say "connected footage", I was only photographer - not film maker. There was a big change then, I was invited to ethnological project of some Polish folk friends - for going to Kenya and Uganda, making a doc-film. After month-travel I came back and started to edit all of the lots of DV material. Of course - with failure, it was too much for me and for my computer! And I found You. And Lightworks.

I would like to say thanks to Forum Community, with yours tutorials, advices, questions and solved problems I manage to learn editing in Lightworks and made my first move in 3 months. I shared lots of your problems with Beta versions, although much of them you found and solved before me Thanks for Admins and Producers for sharing this NLE to public - your job is like godsend for a film budget like $ 0,00. But yet, I hope you don't need to beg for food to make this work, do you?

If You like to see and share film, it's available with English subtitles on YouTube:
youtu.be/a4kgWuZq4YI

With best regards,
zb

Re: Highlanders in Africa - documentary film edited on Lightworks Beta 5 years, 7 months ago #42635

• shaunthesheep
  • Pro User
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 5 years, 7 months ago
Excellent. I enjoyed watching the film. It was engaging and interesting throughout. I have never been to Africa but the film gave me an insight into life in rural Kenya.
Desktop
Dell Inspiron 560MT. Intel Core 2 Quad Q8300 Processor, 6 GB Dual Channel DDR3, Windows 7 64 bit SP1/Ubuntu Studio 14.04.2 duel boot. On-board graphics chip. Samsung SyncMaster S23B35OH LED monitor. EchoAudio Mia 24/96 soundcard.

Laptop
Dell Precision M6700, i7 3740QM CPU @2.70Ghz, NVidia Quadro K3000M, 8GB ram. Windows 7 64 bit SP1.

I am not employed by EditShare. I am a Lightworks user.

Re: Highlanders in Africa - documentary film edited on Lightworks Beta 5 years, 7 months ago #42692

• weingibz
  • Fresh Boarder
  • 5 years, 7 months ago
Thank you, shaunthesheep! I'm not sure is it humourous in English? On the few travellers' festival the reaction of audience was very expressive! How about you?

Re: Highlanders in Africa - documentary film edited on Lightworks Beta 5 years, 7 months ago #42702

• donkpow
  • Pro User
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 5 years, 7 months ago
I enjoyed the film, also. I think it is well done.

On the issue of humor, I laughed through the section on snow. "Maybe I can die."

Of course, if I were Maasai, I would be rolling in the aisles over that fellow jumping in a totally useless manner.

In the U.S., I am sure the "peanut gallery" would be abuzz with "hippy" humor.
HP Z600 5570
PNY Quadro K620
SB Audigy SE
Windows 7 Pro
ShuttlePRO v2

Re: Highlanders in Africa - documentary film edited on Lightworks Beta 5 years, 7 months ago #42703

• shaunthesheep
  • Pro User
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 5 years, 7 months ago
Parts of it were humourous, yes.
Desktop
Dell Inspiron 560MT. Intel Core 2 Quad Q8300 Processor, 6 GB Dual Channel DDR3, Windows 7 64 bit SP1/Ubuntu Studio 14.04.2 duel boot. On-board graphics chip. Samsung SyncMaster S23B35OH LED monitor. EchoAudio Mia 24/96 soundcard.

Laptop
Dell Precision M6700, i7 3740QM CPU @2.70Ghz, NVidia Quadro K3000M, 8GB ram. Windows 7 64 bit SP1.

I am not employed by EditShare. I am a Lightworks user.

Re: Highlanders in Africa - documentary film edited on Lightworks Beta 5 years, 7 months ago #42871

• jacquestoo
  • Pro User
  • Gold Boarder
  • 5 years, 7 months ago
I loved every bit of it! No need to intellectualise. It's beautiful and a worthy contribution. And, yes, it's fun to watch and amusing, while informative J.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.30 seconds
Scroll To Top