Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: 1 minute sample of my first edit in Lightworks

1 minute sample of my first edit in Lightworks 1 week, 5 days ago #242153

• probe
  • Senior Boarder
  • 1 week, 5 days ago
I used Lightworks to edit a 6 minute phone video interview with a member of a choir.
It was a steep learning curve, and I'll call it finished even with rough edges.

www.dropbox.com/s/ftgng8296vt3rfj/GC%20Liliana%201min%20sample.mp4?dl=0
A 46MB MP4 sample, 1 min duration.
I'll delete this after a few days.
Last Edit: 1 week, 5 days ago by probe.

Re: 1 minute sample of my first edit in Lightworks 1 week, 5 days ago #242177

• jwrl
    Pro User
  • 1 week, 5 days ago
What version of Lightworks did you use? Those shifts on every transition are unexpected, to say the least. I have just done a dissolve between two 9:16 portrait images and this is what I see when I export it at 720/30p.

[EDIT] I initially (wrongly) posted a version using an effect that I had built to try to recreate your problem. The one here now shows what I intended.
Attachments:
  • Attachment This attachment is hidden for guests. Please log in or register to see it.
Last Edit: 1 week, 5 days ago by jwrl.

Re: 1 minute sample of my first edit in Lightworks 1 week, 5 days ago #242203

• probe
  • Senior Boarder
  • 1 week, 5 days ago
The current version. The version info is extremely faint, grey text on a grey background, but I read 2021.2 (128456) May 2021.

I do see one problem - the still images jump slightly at the beginning or end. That must be the shifts you mention. I've looked again closely and I see it at the start of some video segments too. There is a small black margin at the left of the picture for under a second and then it shifts into place.

I have now played the video in the viewer under a high zoom and I see what is happening. Applying a dissolve effect moved the image a bit to the right and when the dissolve is finished it moves back again.
If I turn off the green light in the Dissolve settings the image does not move.
So it looks like an artifact of the Dissolve effect.
However I tried a Dissolve with a clip from Pexels which I cut a chunk out of and then put a dissolve over the cut. It does not jump.

I'll add a screenshot before and after pressing the right-arrow to move over the dissolve start.
Attachments:
  • Attachment This image is hidden for guests. Please log in or register to see it.
  • Attachment This image is hidden for guests. Please log in or register to see it.
Last Edit: 1 week, 4 days ago by probe.

Re: 1 minute sample of my first edit in Lightworks 1 week, 5 days ago #242209

• probe
  • Senior Boarder
  • 1 week, 5 days ago
As you can see the sequence begins with a 2-second title text on black.
I can add a png logo to V1 but it does not show.
How can I place a logo in the black space at the top of the title?
Thank you
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.39 seconds
Scroll To Top