Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Latest version 2021.1 videos that are edited, processed and saved are grainy, poor quality

Latest version 2021.1 videos that are edited, processed and saved are grainy, poor quality 1 month ago #237295

This has happened just recently. On videos downloaded from YouTube in HD videos used to be sharp very good quality after editing and saving the original using Lightworks. But now when I post an edited video lately on Twitter etc., the videos appear grainy with a lot of artifacts almost as if you're watching standard definition i.e. 480 pixels. I use two different browsers most of the time. Google Chrome and Microsoft Edge. Both of them are the latest version so I don't think that's the problem. I even tried the latest Beta version of Lightworks and the same thing still happens. Any suggestions are appreciated.

Mike

Re: Latest version 2021.1 videos that are edited, processed and saved are grainy, poor quality 1 month ago #237298

• hugly
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 1 month ago
Hello,

Twitter re-encodes uploaded video and supports adaptive streaming. If the video exported with Lightworks looks good when watching with a local media player but not after uploading to Twitter and streaming, both can be the cause of the problem. To escape from dropped quality caused by adaptive streaming, you need to use a faster internet connection. Fixing quality problems caused by the re-encoding performed Twitter isn't possible, as far as I know.
It's better to travel well than to arrive...

Re: Latest version 2021.1 videos that are edited, processed and saved are grainy, poor quality 1 month ago #237300

• HKGuns
  • Pro User
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Senior Boarder
  • 1 month ago
I've done several exports today and they are all fine. As is so often the case with me, I suspect user error.

Re: Latest version 2021.1 videos that are edited, processed and saved are grainy, poor quality 1 month ago #237302

• hugly
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 1 month ago
HKGuns wrote:
I've done several exports today and they are all fine. As is so often the case with me, I suspect user error.
The free version of Lightworks has fixed bitrate setting for all available export options, which are based on the Youtube recommendations. This doesn't leave much room for user errors, at least not if the exported result looks fine when watching with a local media player.

On the other hand, I'm not familiar with workflows to share media on Twitter. What do you think can go wrong, in terms of video quality, when uploading media to Twitter?
It's better to travel well than to arrive...
Last Edit: 1 month ago by hugly.

Re: Latest version 2021.1 videos that are edited, processed and saved are grainy, poor quality 1 month ago #237305

Thanks for the input. I did a test and uploaded an edited video in Lightworks to YouTube. When watching it on YouTube it looks great. So I guess the problem is with Twitter as was suggested. I have a blazing fast internet with Cox and as I said the problem came up just recently so therefore I'll dig deeper and see if there's something I can change in Twitter to correct the problem. The Help Section is a good place to start. Thanks again. BTW, Lightworks is an amazing video editing program.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.37 seconds
Scroll To Top