Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Please Help!!!!! i press "z" and half my work is gone

Please Help!!!!! i press "z" and half my work is gone 6 months, 3 weeks ago #225880

i have big problem. i was editing my project an in the middle i press "Z" on keyboard and now i don't have half of my project now... what happend? how to back time???

Re: Please Help!!!!! i press "z" and half my work is gone 3 months, 1 week ago #231979

• MahKiwi123
  • Fresh Boarder
  • weird...
  • 3 months, 1 week ago
you can press "crtl+z" to undo your work and return your project. You can also undo your work via the undo button just right of the pause/play button (about right-hand side, near the edge of the screen)

pressing "Z" will both cut your project up to the red line (I do not know what this is actually called) and remove everything after it. Including video clips, VFX, and Music.

Hope this helped
People are weird

We never get what we really want

Re: Please Help!!!!! i press "z" and half my work is gone 3 months, 1 week ago #231982

• hugly
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 3 months, 1 week ago
MahKiwi123 wrote:
I do not know what this is actually called

With default settings the command 'Remove' is assigned to the Z-key. It applies to enabled tracks only and removes media within a marked section on the timeline from the timeline, without closing the gap. If no marked section is present, it removes from the timeline marker to timeline end. The same function is assigned to this symbol on the sequence viewer:

This image is hidden for guests. Please log in or register to see it.
It's better to travel well than to arrive...

Re: Please Help!!!!! i press "z" and half my work is gone 2 months, 4 weeks ago #232884

• mirkoschieder
  • Pro User
  • Junior Boarder
  • 2 months, 4 weeks ago
This by the way looks like a language problem.
Do you by any chance live in Germany?
Because German and American keyboards have their Y and Z swapped.
So while you hit Z and think you've hit the Slip-Command, your system thinks Y and executes the Remove-Command accordingly.

There may also be some hiccups around the Umlaut-keys Ä Ö and Ü, right?
German editor of Industrial Films, TV Documentaries and Shorts.

Re: Please Help!!!!! i press "z" and half my work is gone 2 months, 4 weeks ago #232887

• schrauber
  • Pro User
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 2 months, 4 weeks ago
I would recommend to open the key assignments in Lightworks and create a HTML report.

This will create a table that lists which commands are assigned to which keys.

There are many other very useful commands which are still inactive by default, but which we can assign to a key or combination (including macros we have created ourselves).
Details starting from page 240 in the 2020.1 User Guide .
Mainly automatically translated
--------------------------------------------
Software: Lightworks 2021.1 & 2021.2 (& old 14.x , 2020.x) || Windows 10 Home, 20H2, 64 Bit
Hardware: Intel i5-4440 (3,1 GHz); || RAM: 8 GB; || Intel HD Graphics 4600 (can use max. 2 GB of shared RAM)
Last Edit: 2 months, 4 weeks ago by schrauber.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.37 seconds
Scroll To Top