Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Take a look at yourself..

Take a look at yourself.. 2 months, 3 weeks ago #218415

• hugly
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 2 months, 3 weeks ago
To test the new function of the multicam bin. 'Sync by: Audio waveform', I used footage downloaded from Cinestudy.org. The function worked with this footage perfectly out of the box.

Because I like the performance, I published a finished multicam edit on Youtube. Just cuts, no effects, no grading, finished in less than two hours - I hope you like it.

It's better to travel well than to arrive...

Re: Take a look at yourself.. 2 months, 3 weeks ago #218571

• geomcd1949
  • Pro User
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 2 months, 3 weeks ago

A fun exercise and really good practice. I felt a strange bird on my shoulder while working, incessantly squawking that these guys are really good musicians, and the video I cut better damn well showcase that fact. An interesting and serious pressure, and one I never considered under which professional editors work.

Some questions arose when practicing. The first – what method does Lightworks use to assign numbers to the cameras? In other words, how does the editor know which camera is (say) #3 when selecting live cuts using keyboard shortcuts?
North Carolina, USA
Ubuntu 20.04 LTS
2x2.7 GHz E5-2680
500GB SSD and1TB HDD
64 GB DDR3 10600
Quadro K4200
~X-Keys Pro 68 key USB Jog/Shuttle controller
*Galaxy S7 with Filmic Pro*
*JVC GY-HM150*
Last Edit: 2 months, 3 weeks ago by geomcd1949.

Re: Take a look at yourself.. 2 months, 3 weeks ago #218594

• hugly
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 2 months, 3 weeks ago
geomcd1949 wrote:
A fun exercise and really good practice.
Indeed and I'm sure, if others follow, we'll see quite different interpretations of the same material.

I started with a 'Filled sequence' and replaced and trimmed clips where I felt the need to, which is less stressful than live editing.

geomcd1949 wrote:
Some questions arose when practicing. The first – what method does Lightworks use to assign numbers to the cameras? In other words, how does the editor know which camera is (say) #3 when selecting live cuts using keyboard shortcuts?
The order of the shortcuts 'Live cut source 1-8' represents the order of the tiles in the multicam bin, from top left to bottom right (as we read English text).

I work in Fixed layout from tiles in multicam bins, where this relation is pretty obvious. In Flexible layout and working with viewers, however, it might appear confusing.

Unfortunately, sorting tiles in multicam bins is not so user friendly as it could be. I did complain some time ago, but nothing's changed, unfortunately, but not unexpectedly.
It's better to travel well than to arrive...
Last Edit: 2 months, 3 weeks ago by hugly.

Re: Take a look at yourself.. 2 months, 3 weeks ago #218613

• geomcd1949
  • Pro User
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 2 months, 3 weeks ago
@hugly -- pls. see my post in Bugs.
North Carolina, USA
Ubuntu 20.04 LTS
2x2.7 GHz E5-2680
500GB SSD and1TB HDD
64 GB DDR3 10600
Quadro K4200