Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Supposed to finish a project, but...

Supposed to finish a project, but... 5 months, 3 weeks ago #193929

• vidispaja
  • Fresh Boarder
  • 5 months, 3 weeks ago
Hi,

My problem is that I've used Image Key (with some also also 3DVE and 2DVE) as an efect to "drop" several pics "in" by setting different values to positions X and Y and then activating the watch icon in frontpage of them.

I have over 100 pics and videoclips in my project, quite a big file - when I process it to youtube-mode, the size will be a bit over 200Mb...

I have also over 100 dissolves between the Clips and pics.

The problem is, that when I set the values and try it in the timeline everything is ok, but if I play the whole project those clips hardly move, or not at all or only some of them move??
Just the same after I have produced that to a youtube-video.

If some of you knows the solution, I' really appreciate to hear that.

(My processor is only i3 (yes, I know... Not much), NVIDIA 1030 gr.card and 12G working memory)

Re: Supposed to finish a project, but... 5 months, 3 weeks ago #193933

• briandrys
    Pro User
  • 5 months, 3 weeks ago
Your computer appears to be underpowered. Have you tried using the internal proxy editing?

Re: Supposed to finish a project, but... 5 months, 3 weeks ago #193942

• hugly
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 5 months, 3 weeks ago
It could be that you're encountering a reported issue with Image Key effect which can create memory leaks (constantly increasing memory usage) on Video RAM in preview and export with some kind of keyframe settings. This can lead to sudden performance breakdowns.

If that's what you're encountering, proxies won't help. You can check with software which monitors VRAM usag (e.g. GPU-Z), on Windows 10 the Taskmanager will do.

Let us know what you find.
It's better to travel well than to arrive...
Last Edit: 5 months, 3 weeks ago by hugly.

Re: Supposed to finish a project, but... 5 months, 3 weeks ago #193963

• RWAV
    Pro User
  • 5 months, 3 weeks ago
As I read the original question the user has

- constructed an edit by manipulating effects and images without playing them in toto
- calculated the final export size
- finds playing the finished edit problematic on an i3 based computer.

Suggest perhaps to try to mark and park a small section, say about 20 seconds, make a test export of that, report your results using the Export/Marked Section setting..
BETA System
Microsoft Windows 7 Professional 64BIT
HP Z800 Workstation
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.44 seconds
Scroll To Top