Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

TOPIC: My newest project: My Star Wars practice videos

Re: My newest project: My Star Wars practice videos 8 months, 3 weeks ago #190781

• SgtDannySgt
  • Pro User
  • Expert Boarder
  • 8 months, 3 weeks ago
Cool thanks mate, I will give those first 2 a try.

As a side note, I decided to give After Effects a try simply because of the amount of free presets and plugins. I managed to create my first planet Earth type, which I will be including in this project.

Danny

Re: My newest project: My Star Wars practice videos 8 months, 3 weeks ago #190782

• jwrl
    Pro User
  • 8 months, 3 weeks ago
Let me know how you get on. My gut feeling is that INK might be your best bet, but try both and see what you think. And if you still have problems, try smoothing the chroma with baopao's effect.

Re: My newest project: My Star Wars practice videos 8 months, 3 weeks ago #190847

• SgtDannySgt
  • Pro User
  • Expert Boarder
  • 8 months, 3 weeks ago
Hi jwrl

I tried both of the first effects you suggested and I didn't get the results I needed. Same with the Ale Chromakey effect. So I ended up in After Effects and used the remove grain effect and it did a reasonable job. Here is the end result.

Danny

This attachment is hidden for guests. Please log in or register to see it.

Re: My newest project: My Star Wars practice videos 8 months, 3 weeks ago #190849

• jwrl
    Pro User
  • 8 months, 3 weeks ago
Looking good, although the grain removal has added its own artefacts. But that's only to be expected.

Re: My newest project: My Star Wars practice videos 8 months, 3 weeks ago #190851

• SgtDannySgt
  • Pro User
  • Expert Boarder
  • 8 months, 3 weeks ago
Cool. On to the next steps. Cheers

Danny

Re: My newest project: My Star Wars practice videos 8 months, 1 week ago #191375

• SgtDannySgt
  • Pro User
  • Expert Boarder
  • 8 months, 1 week ago
Hello everyone

The project is moving along. I am now on a footage of an Imperial Lambda class shuttle on a launch pad. The shuttle is an mp4 on a green screen. The launch pad is a jpeg image. The shuttle isn't at the end of the launch pad so I want to move it to the end of the pad. I used a 3D DVE because I need the Z axis and when I move the shuttle to the end of the pad, the shuttle scales down. I would like to keep the scale as it is. What effect can I use? Am including a screen shot. Thanks Guys

I tried schrauber Zoom out/in effect and it doesn't give me what I am looking for.
Attachments:
  • Attachment This image is hidden for guests. Please log in or register to see it.
Last Edit: 8 months, 1 week ago by SgtDannySgt. Reason: added effect tried

Re: My newest project: My Star Wars practice videos 8 months, 1 week ago #191380

• hugly
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 8 months, 1 week ago
If you don't like scaling, you don't need the Z-axis, use X and Y axis to move, that doesn't scale.
It's better to travel well than to arrive...

Re: My newest project: My Star Wars practice videos 8 months, 1 week ago #191391

• SgtDannySgt
  • Pro User
  • Expert Boarder
  • 8 months, 1 week ago
Hi Hugly

The X axis moves the shuttle from left to right. The Y axis moves it from top to bottom. I need to move it backwards without scaling down and the only axis I can do it with is the Z axis, unless I am doing it wrong?

Re: My newest project: My Star Wars practice videos 8 months, 1 week ago #191392

• hugly
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 8 months, 1 week ago
May I point out that 3D on a computer screen is an illusion. It's a projection of 3D space into a 2D plane, not different from a photography. The impression of 3D is constructed in our brains. One of the rules, objects which move away from us appear to shrink. Do they really shrink?
It's better to travel well than to arrive...

Re: My newest project: My Star Wars practice videos 8 months, 1 week ago #191399

• SgtDannySgt
  • Pro User
  • Expert Boarder
  • 8 months, 1 week ago
You are absolutely correct. I was viewing this from a 3D perspective. I managed to drag the shuttle to where I wanted it using the 3D DVE.

Re: My newest project: My Star Wars practice videos 8 months, 1 week ago #191401

• schrauber
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 8 months, 1 week ago
Nice, but I thought you wanted something else:

SgtDannySgt wrote:
.. The shuttle isn't at the end of the launch pad so I want to move it to the end of the pad...

The shuttle did not do that because you did not scale it down.

SgtDannySgt wrote:
.. I tried schrauber Zoom out/in effect and it doesn't give me what I am looking for.
The naming of these effects is probably misleading. One purpose of this effect is to ensure that the corners of the original frame are never left.
Simple Ken Burns Effect would probably be the more appropriate name.
You want something different.
Mainly automatically translated
--------------------------------------------
Windows 10, 64 Bit
Intel i5-4440 (3,1 GHz) ; Intel HD Graphics 4600
Last Edit: 8 months, 1 week ago by schrauber.

Re: My newest project: My Star Wars practice videos 8 months, 1 week ago #191402

• schrauber
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 8 months, 1 week ago
SgtDannySgt wrote:
... I used a 3D DVE because I need the Z axis and when I move the shuttle to the end of the pad, the shuttle scales down..

I suspect that you have minimized too much in your previous attempt to reach the position? With the 2 or 3 DVE effect, you usually have to change the position while zooming.

Another possibility would be to combine the "2D DVE" "3D DVE" effect with "Spin-Zoom" effect.
With the 2D-DVE "3D DVE"effect you set the starting position & base scaling, and zoom out with the "Spin-Zoom" effect:

Edit: Oh, I should have taken the 3D DVE effect to avoid problems with the alpha channel in the following effects.
How it works with a greenscreen, I have not tested.
Windows 10, 64 Bit
Last Edit: 8 months, 1 week ago by schrauber.

Re: My newest project: My Star Wars practice videos 8 months, 1 week ago #191510

• SgtDannySgt
  • Pro User
  • Expert Boarder
  • 8 months, 1 week ago
Hi Guys, this one has me stumped. I rendered a clip in After Effects. Then I took this clip and placed it in Lightworks so I can add the sound effects. The original MP4 works fine, but for some reason in Lightworks it isn't the same. I am including both clips. The original, which shows 3 blaster fire. The effects are exactly where I created them. Then the version Lightworks "sees". The 3rd blast is way off. I have added the sound effects but it did the same thing without them. Other than sound effects, I haven't touched the clip in Lightworks. Thanks

Danny

Re: My newest project: My Star Wars practice videos 8 months, 1 week ago #191513

• schrauber
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 8 months, 1 week ago
There seem to be 1 or 2 frames missing.
Have you used different frame rates at any point in your workflow?
Windows 10, 64 Bit

Re: My newest project: My Star Wars practice videos 8 months, 1 week ago #191515

• SgtDannySgt
  • Pro User
  • Expert Boarder
  • 8 months, 1 week ago
I rendered at 29.97fps and saved it in .avi format. Then I used Any Video Converter to convert the 'avi to .mp4. I have been doing this method since I began using After Effects. The 'avi file are simply too large for my laptop to handle, hence going the .mp4 format. Would that be the issue in this case? Thanks mate

Danny
Time to create page: 0.32 seconds
Scroll To Top