Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Little bit of animated music notation with funky microtonal harmony

Little bit of animated music notation with funky microtonal harmony 1 week, 3 days ago #178907

youtu.be/uneSKstXUIA

Would be nice if a program existed to do exactly this, but doing it "by hand" is a good way to continue to get myself familiar with lightworks =)

Re: Little bit of animated music notation with funky microtonal harmony 1 week, 1 day ago #179086

• arniepix
    Pro User
  • 1 week, 1 day ago
That could be done with a wipe.

Layer the filled in score over (or under) a blank score. Add a DVE to the upper layer, then keyframe the crop on the DVE to reveal the notes as you want.
post production is not an afterthought!

Re: Little bit of animated music notation with funky microtonal harmony 1 week, 1 day ago #179088

Thanks for your thoughts! Because some notes are sounded and then held (notated with a "tie"), and because I showed notes' full durations the moment they are sounded, a wipe wouldn't quite be able to pull off the same effect (since the ties would be cut off to prevent showing the next notes), but it might very well be worth the time saved...

Cheers!

Re: Little bit of animated music notation with funky microtonal harmony 1 week, 1 day ago #179104

• jwrl
    Pro User
  • 1 week, 1 day ago
Put the ties on their own layer above the notes and wipe each layer independently. And if you think doing your original project was hard, you should try it with a "follow the bouncing ball" project!

Re: Little bit of animated music notation with funky microtonal harmony 1 week, 1 day ago #179106

Oh man, all with keyframes and 3D DVE?

Re: Little bit of animated music notation with funky microtonal harmony 1 week ago #179136

• jwrl
    Pro User
  • 1 week ago
Not quite, but close. It was done on a Chyron IV titling system, and the movement of the ball had to be programmed by hand. Fun.

It took most of a day to do 30 seconds of screen time.
Last Edit: 1 week ago by jwrl.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.42 seconds
Scroll To Top