Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: how can I make backgroundcolor transparent in video clip?

how can I make backgroundcolor transparent in video clip? 8 months, 3 weeks ago #167333

• schoenie
  • Fresh Boarder
  • 8 months, 3 weeks ago
Is there an easy way to do this in Lightworks? Clip is attached!

TIA!
Attachments:
  • Attachment This attachment is hidden for guests. Please log in or register to see it.

Re: how can I make backgroundcolor transparent in video clip? 8 months, 3 weeks ago #167339

• jwrl
    Pro User
  • 8 months, 3 weeks ago
Is that the clip that you plan on using? If so you'll find it difficult. You will be able to use a lumakey effect to get rid of the background, but it will also get rid of any highlights in the foreground.

If it's something that you animated yourself, the simplest fix is to render it out again with an alpha channel background, then use a blend effect to combine it with whatever video you want to lay it over. Alternatively, render it out again but change the background to a flat green or blue plane. You could then use chromakey to blend it with your video.

Re: how can I make backgroundcolor transparent in video clip? 8 months, 3 weeks ago #167377

• schoenie
  • Fresh Boarder
  • 8 months, 3 weeks ago
Hi jwrl!

Yes, that is the clip I plan on using. How can I apply the lumakey/chromakey effect in LW?

I will also try to render it again.....

TIA

Re: how can I make backgroundcolor transparent in video clip? 8 months, 3 weeks ago #167379

• hugly
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 8 months, 3 weeks ago
As mentioned by jwrl, if you can render the background with alpha, do it.

The results created with luma/chroma separation won't look nicely with the material you've posted above. There are some identical luma/chroma values in the background and in the foreground (namely the highlights), you can't separate that properly using keying techniques.
It's better to travel well than to arrive...
Last Edit: 8 months, 3 weeks ago by hugly.

Re: how can I make backgroundcolor transparent in video clip? 8 months, 3 weeks ago #167487

• schoenie
  • Fresh Boarder
  • 8 months, 3 weeks ago
Yes, I will.

But I was only wondering if it's possible to apply these effects in LW.

Now I've found the way to apply an effect so my other question is answered.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.32 seconds
Scroll To Top