Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Can I install the Free version across 20 PCs?

Can I install the Free version across 20 PCs? 6 months, 1 week ago #154346

• AlanMorton
  • Fresh Boarder
  • 6 months, 1 week ago
Hi

I work in an educational institution and I want to have my students use Lightworks free version.

We can't afford 20 licences for Pro (even with the 50% discount) - can the free version be used on 20 PCs?

Thanks

Re: Can I install the Free version across 20 PCs? 6 months, 1 week ago #154349

• lghtwrks
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 6 months, 1 week ago
let's say every student has an account, yes - > that's lwks free
you'll miss the pro features for work groups as project sharing, working on the same project etc.

greets
s

Re: Can I install the Free version across 20 PCs? 6 months, 1 week ago #154350

• lghtwrks
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 6 months, 1 week ago
ps. it's still an good idea to contact the sales department and tell them what you plan to do ...

s
Last Edit: 6 months, 1 week ago by lghtwrks.

Re: Can I install the Free version across 20 PCs? 6 months, 1 week ago #154372

• jwrl
    Pro User
  • 6 months, 1 week ago
Alan, you should be able to do that. I will deviate slightly from what lghtwrks said, where each student will need their own account. That's quite true if they are using their own computers. It probably would be better to say that each computer must have its own account though.

What might be preferable in your case would be to have one or two PCs with EDU licences in the pool. Then when a student finishes a project they can archive it and move to the fully licensed rig and export their project from there. That will remove the export limitations of the free version.

But as lghtwrks suggests, it would be a good idea to talk to sales about your needs.
Last Edit: 6 months, 1 week ago by jwrl.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 1.34 seconds
Scroll To Top