Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Made Completely with RC2 Beta: "Logan" Movie Night Adventure

Made Completely with RC2 Beta: "Logan" Movie Night Adventure 11 months, 2 weeks ago #139613

• Digital Jedi
  • Expert Boarder
  • 11 months, 2 weeks ago
Been using the Beta exclusively since the December release. This is the longest project I've made with the Beta. Specifically, the last version, before RC3 was released the other day. Some highlights include some minor animation, which used Lightworks' 2D and 3D DVEs. Adjustments to the nighttime footage to make us easier to see. And some small variation on the audio. I could have gone so far as to try and remove background noise, but the project was already delayed, and I've no experience with editing audio channels, etc., which would have tacked on a week or more in the production process. So I just went with what I had, as it was audible (mostly), and suitable for the type of videos I make.

I'm curious as to what other's do when inserting images into their project. I recently discovered Image Key, where I had been just been using images with a DVE applied. With this project, I found that it all depended on what I wanted to do. Image Key was great when I didn't want edges of transparency to show, and I didn't feel like cropping out black edges. But Image Key imports the image rather small, with limited enlargement limits, and not all my resources were large enough to suit the scene. So I used DVEs in those cases.
Last Edit: 11 months, 2 weeks ago by Digital Jedi.

Re: Made Completely with RC2 Beta: "Logan" Movie Night Adventure 11 months, 2 weeks ago #139614

• khaver
  • Pro User
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 11 months, 2 weeks ago
Since I'm at work, I'm not able to watch the video, but FYI, if you have images you want to add to your videos using the Image Key effect and zoom and pan them, it's best if they are pre-scaled outside of Lightworks using a graphics editing program to around 2 or 3 times the resolution of your project. If the size is nearly the same or smaller, you will get "steps" in their motion, unlike the DVE effects, which are always very smooth.
Work Comp: Retired!

Home Comp: Newer! Bigger! Faster!

Send me a tip: paypal.me/4khaver

Re: Made Completely with RC2 Beta: "Logan" Movie Night Adventure 11 months, 2 weeks ago #139619

• jwrl
    Pro User
  • 11 months, 2 weeks ago
Also if you're seeing black (or white) lines around media with transparency there is a simple unpremultiply user effect written by user baopao which should help. You'll find it here.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.51 seconds
Scroll To Top