Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Baby steps (will get you there too)

Baby steps (will get you there too) 1 year, 4 months ago #132001

• jcfischer
  • Pro User
  • Junior Boarder
  • 1 year, 4 months ago
I have been playing around with LWKS on and off for a year (ever since i tried to create a multi cam recording of a concert of my duo as the very first project - can you say "Fail" please). In the last few weeks I feel like I'm actually making progress

The first video is of an improvisation of mine, shot on an iPhone 6s with the normal camera app, and very little clues on what I'm doing...

The second one again shot on the iPhone 6s, but using Filmic Pro and transcoding the video files to ProRes 422 before editing (suddenly editing on a 2012 MacBook Pro is fun, fast and works)

Hard at work to stop me from diving full into a new hobby, but having a lot of fun filming and editing. Also slowly getting the hang of editing (coming from the iMovie ilk of editors, that took a bit of an attitude adjustment )

Onwards!
MacBook Pro 15" Early 2013, 2.7 GHz i7, 16 GB Ram, NVIDIA GeForce GT 650M 1024 MB
OSX El Capitan 10.11.6
Last Edit: 1 year, 4 months ago by jcfischer. Reason: fixing links

Re: Baby steps (will get you there too) 1 year, 4 months ago #132009

• RWAV
    Pro User
  • 1 year, 4 months ago
Onwards and upwards - congratulations on your inventiveness and persistence.

Filmic Pro for Apple and now Android too - quite simply any user with a compatible device and wanting to make videos with professional level NLEs like Lightworks needs to spend under ten dollars for Filmic Pro.
BETA System
Microsoft Windows 7 Professional 64BIT
HP Z800 Workstation

Re: Baby steps (will get you there too) 1 year, 4 months ago #132085

• jcfischer
  • Pro User
  • Junior Boarder
  • 1 year, 4 months ago
Indeed - those 10 dollars were well spent. Now I have payed for my first month of LWKS pro - I have a few ideas that I'm working on... (unfortunately, the material I have was all filmed with the standard app, so not sure how good things will be)
MacBook Pro 15" Early 2013, 2.7 GHz i7, 16 GB Ram, NVIDIA GeForce GT 650M 1024 MB
OSX El Capitan 10.11.6

Re: Baby steps (will get you there too) 1 year, 3 months ago #136577

• jcfischer
  • Pro User
  • Junior Boarder
  • 1 year, 3 months ago
This is the next step of what I've been up to with Lightworks. Again: improvised music, iPhone video (most of the nature shots were done before I used FilmicPro, many of them without tripod but just shot with a naked phone or supported by a stone or tree)

OSX El Capitan 10.11.6
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.60 seconds
Scroll To Top