Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Doctor Strange Movie Night Adventure

Doctor Strange Movie Night Adventure 1 year, 5 months ago #129530

• Digital Jedi
  • Expert Boarder
  • 1 year, 5 months ago
So, this is the longest video I've edited in Lightworks so far, outside of a movie review I did which didn't require a lot of additional footage. After a long and arduous battle with proxies that didn't want to cooperate, I got something which somewhat resembles a vlog and a watchable video. This was the day we went to see Doctor Strange, and the perils we encountered along the way. One of those perils being we should really eat if we want to be on camera. And be interesting, that is.

Why yes, that thumbnail did take a long time and the remainder of my self-esteem. Why do you ask?
Last Edit: 1 year, 5 months ago by Digital Jedi.

Re: Doctor Strange Movie Night Adventure 1 year, 5 months ago #129587

• donkpow
  • Pro User
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 1 year, 5 months ago
I watched parts of the video. Funny in the beginning.

One thing that always bugs me is when people try to make videos with a phone and orient the camera such that the long side is vertical. They know what 16x9 video is supposed to look like but don't hold the camera right. That being said, I like the idea you have with that. Using an interesting and relevant video in the background. Given our times, I think that could work.
HP Z600 5570
PNY Quadro K620
SB Audigy SE
Windows 7 Pro
ShuttlePRO v2

Re: Doctor Strange Movie Night Adventure 1 year, 5 months ago #129618

• Digital Jedi
  • Expert Boarder
  • 1 year, 5 months ago
Thanks. I would have liked to have kept up our energy for the review portion, but we were all starting to wind down for the day, despite our best efforts.

The interesting thing about Instagram Stories and Snapchat videos is you can technically hold your camera horizontal, but it's not intuitive to do so for snap-style videos. For a time, everyone was using random orientations when Instagram Stories first launched, and you'd have to rotate your phone in three directions as these short videos played, or if they were just photos, they would be gone by the time you flipped your phone around, meaning you'd have to tap back and look at it again, and then if you had rotate on, some videos/photos would just stay upside down, and you'd totally tap the wrong part of the screen...ugh. Plus apps like Instagram and Snapchat don't really have a landscape mode otherwise, so it's more natural, for those types of videos, to stay in portrait mode.

Re: Doctor Strange Movie Night Adventure 1 year, 5 months ago #129621

• donkpow
  • Pro User
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 1 year, 5 months ago
This is fascinating. I don't have a phone for capture.
HP Z600 5570
PNY Quadro K620
SB Audigy SE
Windows 7 Pro
ShuttlePRO v2

Re: Doctor Strange Movie Night Adventure 1 year, 5 months ago #129627

• Digital Jedi
  • Expert Boarder
  • 1 year, 5 months ago
If you do a YouTube search for something like Musical.ly or said Instagram Stories or Snapchat compilations, you'll see some YouTubers, who regularly produce content anyway, come up with some pretty creative ways to include their "snaps" in compliation videos while not just having black bars on either side.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.59 seconds
Scroll To Top