Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: I edited a video in FCPX. Here's why you should too.

I edited a video in FCPX. Here's why you should too. 1 year, 8 months ago #115377

• Dahveed
  • Junior Boarder
  • 1 year, 8 months ago
I recently edited a video in FCPX.

I know, I know..

What does that do with Lightworks? Well, possibly more than you think.

Editing in another NLE showed me how much I love LWKs, and some things that I wish were added.

What I couldn't stand in Final Cut Pro X.

1. The timeline. It was weird. Period. Okay, I could get used to it, but it was weird that it was all magnetic in the sense that you couldn't take just one clip and move it to the end. You had to build your story from the beginning.

2. The controls. All my keyboard shortcuts were messed up. That isn't really a fault of Final Cut, but a fault of me getting used to LWKS.

3. The amount of Cache it takes. Final Cut renders when you aren't working, and while it makes things run smoother, it takes up some space. Okay, a lot Space... At least for me.

What I loved about Final Cut.

1. The Speed.
I loved how well it runs on my 2011 MBA 11'' (4GB RAM). Fast, smooth, and clean, except when it would render.. ( And then I would get a little, "You're almost out of storage space" message. )

2. The timeline. Mainly the multi-frame rate ability.. I loved to be able to just set my Timeline Frame Rate @ 24FPS, and then import both 60FPS and 24FPS into the timeline.

The finished project:

Film:

BTS:

Over all, I think it is a good exercise to edit in other programs. You can learn more about what you like and what you don't. Have your eyes opened.

As for me, I still love LWKS (with a few exceptions)

p.s. If you liked this video, you may vote for my entry here: www.rode.com/myrodereel/watch/entry/1930
Last Edit: 1 year, 8 months ago by Dahveed.

Re: I edited a video in FCPX. Here's why you should too. 1 year, 1 month ago #133340

• v850tw
  • Senior Boarder
  • 1 year, 1 month ago
I never met him, but I know many people that know Michael. Very well done.

Re: I edited a video in FCPX. Here's why you should too. 1 year, 1 month ago #133342

• Dahveed
  • Junior Boarder
  • 1 year, 1 month ago
How time flies! Seems I was working on this project a long time ago..

Michael is defiantly an inspiring individual, and I am blessed to have him as an uncle. If you have the chance to meet him (or better yet, paddle with him), jump on it! Haha He's a blast.

Thanks for watching!
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.56 seconds
Scroll To Top