Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: First real try at this

First real try at this 2 years, 1 month ago #106872

• JimDaddyO
  • Junior Boarder
  • 2 years, 1 month ago
Took some footage today and put this together. Not complicated by common standards around here, but for what I want to do, I think I am on the right track. I have been watching the tutorials and searching the forums and getting most of my information that way, so I have to say thanks to all those giving answers.

Last Edit: 2 years, 1 month ago by woodzu123.

Re: First real try at this 2 years, 1 month ago #106874

• donkpow
  • Pro User
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 2 years, 1 month ago
I watched the video, it looks good. I also went over to your shop on YouTube. That's a nice thing you have going on over there.

I did have to quick turn down my audio while watching. Lightworks gives you a bit more control over your audio track than Movie Maker. If you watch the meters in the mixer panel, you'll see peak levels over a short time indicated by the red bars in the meter.

This image is hidden for guests. Please log in or register to see it.

You can set levels on a clip level in the advanced timeline controls and you can build a volume envelope over the waveform display with the nodes feature. Basic description starts on page 107 of the user guide.

Here's an older tutorial that still holds true.
HP Z600 5570
PNY Quadro K620
SB Audigy SE
Windows 7 Pro
ShuttlePRO v2

Re: First real try at this 2 years, 1 month ago #106879

• JimDaddyO
  • Junior Boarder
  • 2 years, 1 month ago
Thank you, I will keep that in mind.

Re: First real try at this 2 years ago #107212

• JimDaddyO
  • Junior Boarder
  • 2 years ago
OK, I messed around a bit with some sound settings and built a longer video. I think it is improved a bit.

Last Edit: 2 years ago by Site Admin.

Re: First real try at this 2 years ago #107217

• donkpow
  • Pro User
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 2 years ago
Indeed it has. The sound levels are more uniform and appropriate. You may want to consider the apparent sound level difference between the power tool operations and the manual operations. I would probably drop the levels of the manual operations some. Making a bigger difference. I was waiting to see how the dialog compared but there is no dialog on this one.

If you are curious about what I am looking at, I am using the free Orban Loudness Meter. www.orban.com/meter/
It represents apparent loudness and includes some technical representations on momentary and peak levels. On this meter, I am seeing power tools running at around -5 db reconstructed peak levels but manual operations running much high at around -1 db. It is a tool that calculates perceptual loudness rather than than the regular VU meter. The meter gives you readings no matter what your computer playback volume is. So if you turn your speakers down or up, it makes no difference. It is reading the file.

The editing looks good to me.
HP Z600 5570
PNY Quadro K620
SB Audigy SE
Windows 7 Pro
ShuttlePRO v2

Re: First real try at this 2 years ago #107221

• JimDaddyO
  • Junior Boarder
  • 2 years ago
Thank you. Always nice to get tips from more experienced folks. Very kind of you.

Jim

Re: First real try at this 2 years ago #107222

• donkpow
  • Pro User
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 2 years ago
Thanks for sharing your work.
HP Z600 5570
PNY Quadro K620
SB Audigy SE
Windows 7 Pro
ShuttlePRO v2

Re: First real try at this 2 years ago #107224

• JimDaddyO
  • Junior Boarder
  • 2 years ago
You're welcome. I also admit that I am not much of a talker on camera at times..lol. I have been looking for longer pieces of background music to put in.
Last Edit: 2 years ago by JimDaddyO.

Re: First real try at this 2 years ago #107227

• donkpow
  • Pro User
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 2 years ago
This is the stuff I use most often.

incompetech.com/music/royalty-free/music.html

There are a variety of themes and lengths. You can fade most of the music out and not worry about phrasing and stuff like that. Many can be easily looped as he has designed them to be looped.

The producer's name is Kevin MacLeod and he makes scores for everything. He is famous and worshiped by YouTubers because he gives so much away for free. The music is provided under the Creative Commons Attribute License. Which means you can use the music but you have to give credit. He makes it easy by giving you a cut and paste thing and guidelines for giving credit.

There are other providers who are easy to find.
HP Z600 5570
PNY Quadro K620
SB Audigy SE
Windows 7 Pro
ShuttlePRO v2

Re: First real try at this 2 years ago #107238

• JimDaddyO
  • Junior Boarder
  • 2 years ago
That is great. I have found a couple more, sometimes they are not categorized well. Hard to tell what I want until I hear it sometimes. That takes a lot of time, also depends on my mood too...lol.

Thank you again.

Re: First real try at this 2 years ago #107263

• donkpow
  • Pro User
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 2 years ago
No problem. It's a chore wading through the sea of free music. Some of it is just total junk. It's like scavenging for jewels in a trash heap.

I see in your shop videos you have the bird at the beginning. That's pretty cool.
HP Z600 5570
PNY Quadro K620
SB Audigy SE
Windows 7 Pro
ShuttlePRO v2
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.55 seconds
Scroll To Top