Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Multi tracks video edit - How to ?

Re: Multi tracks video edit - How to ? 8 years, 11 months ago #5794

• Hammerhead
  • 8 years, 11 months ago
I think that you are not physically cutting anything from your clips, until you "simplify" your edit. (I never used this feature, so please anyone feel free to correct me if I am wrong.)

Clips are never modified, only edits. Simplify is used for removing cuts in your edit that are effectively redundant (eg. if you have a segment referring to frames 1-10 of clip 'one' followed by a segment referring to frames 11-20 of clip 'one', then the cut is redundant)

It is possible to do this type of editing without cutting and removing part of clips from the video tracks?

You could use an effect that has no visible effect, as you suggest.
Lightworks development

Re: Multi tracks video edit - How to ? 8 years, 11 months ago #5796

• pbhs
  • Expert Boarder
  • 8 years, 11 months ago
@Hammerhead:
And So I can trim and untrim my clips without problem.

Sorry if i don't understand well, but what do you mean with this

You could use an effect that has no visible effect, as you suggest.

do you mean that my idea of using an effect, on every video track, for changing the "opacity" is correct ?

If this way is correct, there is another effect more simple of DVE that has only opacity parameter ?

Thanks as always for your patience.
I compose electronic music with some freeware software.
If you want to listen some of my tracks checks this site :
www.buzztunes.org/music/bhs

Re: Multi tracks video edit - How to ? 8 years, 11 months ago #5797

• Hammerhead
  • 8 years, 11 months ago
If this way is correct, there is another effect more simple of DVE that has only opacity parameter ?

I was thinking that you could use effects as a way of cutting between tracks but without actually adding cuts to your edit, like this :

This image is hidden for guests. Please log in or register to see it.

I'm still not sure that I understand why you don't want to add cuts on your V tracks?
Lightworks development

Re: Multi tracks video edit - How to ? 8 years, 11 months ago #5800

• pbhs
  • Expert Boarder
  • 8 years, 11 months ago
oh yes !
I think this is the method i am searching.

I will try an edit with cuts/trims and another edit with the FX track like your above picture, and then i hope to chose finally a way to doing this multi tracks editing.

Thanks again .... as often happen , one picture explains more of 100 words.
See you.
Ciao. Paolo BHS.
I compose electronic music with some freeware software.
If you want to listen some of my tracks checks this site :
www.buzztunes.org/music/bhs

Re: Multi tracks video edit - How to ? 6 years, 9 months ago #44340

• spooledup7
  • Pro User
  • Fresh Boarder
  • 6 years, 9 months ago
UPDATE: Moving my question to my own topic as to not hijack this thread.

I'm also new to Lightworks - which is why I am here - and I am struggling to sort out this topic.

In my film I have done a multiple camera shoot of an interview with a separate audio track recording.

I want to cut back and forth between the two cameras and I'm trying to sort out the cleanest and most intelligent method to do this.

Do I add multiple video tracks to one edit (assuming the videos are synced to one audio) and "remove" my way through the video tracks to define the cuts?
If so do I only cut away the top most track leaving the lower video track running full and uncut?
Or do I "replace" my way through the cuts on one video track, adding in each camera cut? (This is the only method I have found on the tutorials but seems clunky to me)

Do I need to create a KEM Roll? I don't understand KEM Rolls in NLE.

It wasn't until I began creating my own color correction effects that I realized I needed to get this straight. I feel as though there should be a place to color correct your footage before applying the footage within an edit so that you can tweak your color corrections for each camera without messing with the other camera's color. When I add separate video tracks I have this control until I begin to cut the camera tracks. I end up with individual color effects unless it unfolds across the entire timeline. This then multiplies top effects with sub-track effects if left entire time line.

Essentially I want something that I can easily manipulate the cuts and color correction and without it biting me in the ass later on down the road.
Last Edit: 6 years, 9 months ago by spooledup7. Reason: Moving thread
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.32 seconds
Scroll To Top