Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: I deleted an entire effect track and can't undo enough to recover it, URGENT!

I deleted an entire effect track and can't undo enough to recover it, URGENT! 1 month ago #237265

I accidentally deleted an ENTIRE track of effects and didn't notice until I couldn't undo far enough to recover it. I had practically EVERYTHING on that track. Is there any way possible to recover it? I already tried restore project and it didn't have any backups. Please help ASAP! I'm so desperate.

Re: I deleted an entire effect track and can't undo enough to recover it, URGENT! 1 month ago #237268

• hugly
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 1 month ago
Hello,

Without any backup, the last resort is trying to restore from the automatically created milestones, which may or may not contain what you are looking for. If you use Lightworks 2020 or later, in EDIT mode, right-click on the timeline and execute 'Make.Bin of milestones'. In the newly created bin, open the sequences one by one and see if any of them contains the missing.

If you run an earlier version, please see:

www.lwks.com/index.php?option=com_kunena&func=view&catid=6&id=99399&Itemid=81#99418
It's better to travel well than to arrive...

Re: I deleted an entire effect track and can't undo enough to recover it, URGENT! 1 month ago #237276

• schrauber
  • Pro User
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 1 month ago
hugly wrote:
.. If you use Lightworks 2020 or later, in EDIT mode, right-click on the timeline and execute 'Make.Bin of milestones'. In the newly created bin, open the sequences one by one and see if any of them contains the missing...

www.lwks.com/index.php?option=com_kunena&func=view&catid=6&id=218636&Itemid=81#218672
Mainly automatically translated
--------------------------------------------
Software: Lightworks 2021.1 & 2021.2 (& old 14.x , 2020.x) || Windows 10 Home, 20H2, 64 Bit
Hardware: Intel i5-4440 (3,1 GHz); || RAM: 8 GB; || Intel HD Graphics 4600 (can use max. 2 GB of shared RAM)

Re: I deleted an entire effect track and can't undo enough to recover it, URGENT! 1 month ago #237288

THANK YOU SO DANG MUCH!!! I NEEDED THIS!!! It worked perfectly!

Re: I deleted an entire effect track and can't undo enough to recover it, URGENT! 1 week, 4 days ago #238217

• Storeni
  • Fresh Boarder
  • 1 week, 4 days ago
This thread and the Hugly reply were amazingly helpful. I was able to restore a 45 min project I messed up when trying to edit before my first coffee of the day. I lost all my effects - countless. All restored through the magical 'Bin of milestones'. Amazing

Re: I deleted an entire effect track and can't undo enough to recover it, URGENT! 1 week, 4 days ago #238218

• hugly
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 1 week, 4 days ago
This should be noted: The bin of milestones is based on a brilliant feature request of schrauber. Prior to that, users had to find, move and replace cookie files with cryptic names on OS level and restart Lightworks for each attempt, as described in the post I linked to above.
It's better to travel well than to arrive...

Re: I deleted an entire effect track and can't undo enough to recover it, URGENT! 1 week, 4 days ago #238221

• Storeni
  • Fresh Boarder
  • 1 week, 4 days ago
OMG. Newbies salvation thanks Schrauber!
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.41 seconds
Scroll To Top