Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Moving text independently to the image

Moving text independently to the image 1 month ago #221288

• _AMPM_
  • Fresh Boarder
  • 1 month ago
So, I use the free version of lightworks and I really like it but I've always had a problem with it because whenever I try to put something over another image like a greenscreen or text for example I can never rotate the greenscreen or text without it creating another video behind and rotating that as well, which i obviously don't want. I only want the overlayed image to rotate and move independently to the background image. Obviously this is just an example, the attachment. Thanks!
This attachment is hidden for guests. Please log in or register to see it.

Re: Moving text independently to the image 1 month ago #221289

• schrauber
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 1 month ago
Welcome to the forum.

Adjust the connections in the Routing tab so that only the desired one rotates.
Here is an example with rotating text:

Mainly automatically translated
--------------------------------------------
Software: Lightworks 2020.1; || Windows 10, 64 Bit
Hardware: Intel i5-4440 (3,1 GHz); || shared RAM: 8 GB; || Intel HD Graphics 4600 (can use max. 2 GB of shared RAM)

Re: Moving text independently to the image 1 month ago #221298

• jwrl
    Pro User
  • 1 month ago
You will find that when you handle text that way or in fact with any external blending that the appearance of the text will change. The edges won't be as clean and any drop shadow that you may have will be reduced in intensity. For that reason I created an effect called Title blend fix. Click on that link to download it and for a full explanation of how to use it. Its antialiasing ability will probably help if you're doing moves with a DVE, too. The screen grabs below show the improvement that it can make.

This image is hidden for guests. Please log in or register to see it.

The bottom one was done using the effect connected between a title and a DVE effect - exactly the effect that you're using. It also has a 10% antialias applied, which you may or may not need. If you don't need it don't use it, because antialiasing softens the edges of the text slightly.

If you've never installed custom or user effects before you will find comprehensive instructions here.
Last Edit: 1 month ago by jwrl.

Re: Moving text independently to the image 1 month ago #221340

• _AMPM_
  • Fresh Boarder
  • 1 month ago
Thank you, I really appreciate this. Since you are in the business of effects, I was wondering if I would be able to download any audio effects to make audio really high or low pitched, thanks.

Re: Moving text independently to the image 1 month ago #221341

• _AMPM_
  • Fresh Boarder
  • 1 month ago
Thank you very much for this, I really appreciate that you took the time to reply and help me out with this!
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.31 seconds
Scroll To Top