Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: How do i remove a white background while keeping another portion of the clip that's white.

How do i remove a white background while keeping another portion of the clip that's white. 1 month, 1 week ago #221108

• Mada Craiz
  • Fresh Boarder
  • 1 month, 1 week ago
Hi,

I am using this video i got from someone(Technical Spidy) who makes royalty free videos.
i used Lumakey to remove the white backgroud but then the cursor is also white color. Is there a way to keep the cursor and remove the rest. i considered using a duplicate layer but the cursor moves around. I'll attach a picture to demonstrate better.

and this is my initial source its at the 50th second he has a way of providing the video separately
youtu.be/sxn_yeG26e8?t=50

I know its not a bug so I hope its not against the rules to ask for this kind of assistance here.
Attachments:
  • Attachment This image is hidden for guests. Please log in or register to see it.
Last Edit: 1 month, 1 week ago by Mada Craiz.

Re: How do i remove a white background while keeping another portion of the clip that's white. 1 month, 1 week ago #221111

• hugly
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 1 month, 1 week ago
Hello,

The basic idea of keyers is to create masks based on separation of either colour or luminance values (or ranges of values). If the luminance values are the same (or very close) you cannot separate them.

To separate white over white you need to draw masks and adjust/track them frame by frame. Lightworks hasn't a feature to draw/track masks. You'll have to use third party software or one of the polymask user effects, but I'm not sure if the effort pays just to separate a white cursor over white background.

Best would be to create an overlay which includes transparency. However, most overlays downloadable on the net are designed over black (or green or blue). Most of those are keyable with the build-in (or specially designed) luma- or chroma-keyers.
It's better to travel well than to arrive...
Last Edit: 1 month, 1 week ago by hugly.

Re: How do i remove a white background while keeping another portion of the clip that's white. 1 month, 1 week ago #221114

• hugly
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 1 month, 1 week ago
By the way, I just recalled that I made a side by side demo of a luma-keyer designed for overlays over black. The second half shows a comparison of a build-in method and the user effect.

It's better to travel well than to arrive...

Re: How do i remove a white background while keeping another portion of the clip that's white. 1 month, 1 week ago #221116

• Mada Craiz
  • Fresh Boarder
  • 1 month, 1 week ago
Alright thanks a lot that was very fruitful !!
much appreciated!!
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.44 seconds
Scroll To Top