Username Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: lightworks 14 sequences

lightworks 14 sequences 1 week, 2 days ago #218744

• MisterPAJ
  • Fresh Boarder
  • 1 week, 2 days ago
Hi... I am a newbie...

I find that extra "sequences" have popped up in my projects. Ones that I had never made or want.

I understand that there is a way to shut this feature off. Please tell me what it is.

Re: lightworks 14 sequences 1 week, 2 days ago #218745

• briandrys
    Pro User
  • 1 week, 2 days ago
Welcome to the forum.

"New" sequences in the timeline are only "created" by you clicking on an existing sequence in the content manager. Have a look in the sequences filter in the content manager, where you'll find all the sequences in your project.

Empty or brand new sequences are created through the bin menu in the content manager. Lightworks doesn't create these itself.

Re: lightworks 14 sequences 1 week, 2 days ago #218765

• MisterPAJ
  • Fresh Boarder
  • 1 week, 2 days ago
Thanks,

now i know where they came from.

In my case I do not want them, even by accident (which is probably in my case)

I know I can delete them but what I really want to know is how to shut that feature off.

In my learning period of looking at dozens of various tutorials, one had mentioned how to do it.

I searched both user guides under sequence and could not find anything.

What do you think? Any Ideas?

Re: lightworks 14 sequences 1 week, 2 days ago #218767

• hugly
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 1 week, 2 days ago
paulsnewemail@yahoo.com wrote:
now i know where they came from.
Are you sure?

That would mean that you have performed a three step procedure, executed with the mouse. With all respect, I cannot believe that you did that unintentionally.

However, I'm not convinced that those 'ghost sequences are created this way. Do they show valid content, e.g. a single clip with no leading and trailing black and valid timecode on the timeline ruler, or does the timeline ruler show question marks?
It's better to travel well than to arrive...
Last Edit: 1 week, 2 days ago by hugly.

Re: lightworks 14 sequences 1 week, 1 day ago #218838

• MisterPAJ
  • Fresh Boarder
  • 1 week, 1 day ago
Hey guys,

thanks for the replys.... Noooo-oo- I did not go through a 3 step process to make sequences...

I understand from a tutorial video I saw, that Lightworks 'automatically" groups together scenes of a like nature into "sequences".

In the video, the author went to a menu to shut off this automatic feature. Unfortunately I did not write it down...

That's what I am looking for.

Do you know where it is?

Thanks for your responses, I really appreciate it.

Re: lightworks 14 sequences 1 week, 1 day ago #218839

• hugly
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 1 week, 1 day ago
paulsnewemail@yahoo.com wrote:
I understand from a tutorial video I saw, that Lightworks 'automatically" groups together scenes of a like nature into "sequences"
Lightworks hasn't such an automatic.

Re: lightworks 14 sequences 1 week, 1 day ago #218840

• briandrys
    Pro User
  • 1 week, 1 day ago
Only sequences go into the sequence filter, it doesn't select scenes with the same content.

Which video tutorial are you referring to?

Re: lightworks 14 sequences 1 week, 1 day ago #218842

• hugly
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 1 week, 1 day ago
There are multiple ways to create sequences with shortcuts, which is what I suspect you did, unintentionally.

I asked for a description of the content of the sequences, to find out what could be the cause. Unfortunately you decided not to answer.

Re: lightworks 14 sequences 1 week, 1 day ago #218862

• jwrl
    Pro User
  • 1 week, 1 day ago
hugly wrote:
I asked for a description of the content of the sequences, to find out what could be the cause. Unfortunately you decided not to answer.

It may be that the user didn't choose not to answer, but believed that they had given you the answer that you wanted when they described the process. They are a new user who obviously at this stage have very little understanding of Lightworks.

I would very strongly recommend that you look at the tutorials on this website, paul, because as the others have said, you have to deliberately do something to create a sequence. Lightworks will not do anything unless you ask it to.

Also you should contact the administrator of this forum about changing your user name for your own safety. It's not smart to post your email address on an open forum such as this one is. To change your user name contact the This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it .
Last Edit: 1 week, 1 day ago by jwrl.

Re: lightworks 14 sequences 1 week ago #218912

• MisterPAJ
  • Fresh Boarder
  • 1 week ago
Thank you all for your inpt. I started searching tutorials again and found the video in question.

The tutorial is "Working with images" by Matty Trip. He says: "When importing images Lightworks is looking at the metadata of each image, and is grouping like images together"

I believe this is what happened in my case

To stop this he went to the LOG tab,Local Files, Right Clicked, clicked on Video/Detect Image-sequences and shut it off. I did the same, and will remember it for the future.

Thanks to you all again.

Re: lightworks 14 sequences 1 week ago #218927

• jwrl
    Pro User
  • 1 week ago
That makes no sense at all. I would strongly recommend checking the tutorials on this website. It doesn't matter if Lightworks groups like images together, it will not then make sequences from them without you doing something.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.31 seconds
Scroll To Top