Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Audio losing sync as video progresses?

Audio losing sync as video progresses? 2 weeks, 2 days ago #218301

• Ireadtoyou
  • Fresh Boarder
  • 2 weeks, 2 days ago
Hi.

I'm having a bit of an issue.

I recorded myself narrating a chapter of a book use my samsung A80 while recording on audible using my mic Auna900B.

I'd intended to put both the video file, and audio file into lightworks and sync it up.

However, when I go to do this, while I can initially sync up the video and audio, they start to unsync as the video/audio file goes on.

After 20 or so seconds, you can start to hear a lack of sync, as it loses a fraction of a second of syncing.

By the end of the 20 min video/audio, there is about a 5 second lag between audio and video.

What is going on? How can I fix it?

I'll tell you whatever you need to do!

Re: Audio losing sync as video progresses? 2 weeks, 2 days ago #218303

• Ireadtoyou
  • Fresh Boarder
  • 2 weeks, 2 days ago
This image is hidden for guests. Please log in or register to see it.

This is the media info for the audio and video file!

Re: Audio losing sync as video progresses? 2 weeks, 2 days ago #218308

• hugly
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 2 weeks, 2 days ago
Hello,

I understand that you're trying to match separately recorded sound to video.

Your video shows a frame rate of 29.782 fps which isn't a standard frame rate. That's a problem, because Lightworks doesn'tsupport non-standard frame rates. Furthermore, if the sound is separately recorded, it could be that 'Pre-ingest-sync' for 'Audio-only media' isn't set set correctly. Please see:

www.lwks.com/index.php?option=com_kunena&func=view&catid=8&id=205318&Itemid=81#205332

Please try: Remove the already imported clips from your project. Convert the video with Handbrake to 29.97 fps. Here you'll find suitable settings:

www.lwks.com/index.php?option=com_kunena&func=view&catid=23&id=166802&Itemid=81#209009

Prior to importing separately recorded sound, make sure that pre-ingest-sync is set correctly (29.97 in this case), try again and see what happens.
It's better to travel well than to arrive...
Last Edit: 2 weeks, 2 days ago by hugly.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.27 seconds
Scroll To Top