Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Unable to lengthen duration of beginning of a title

Unable to lengthen duration of beginning of a title 4 months, 2 weeks ago #217985

• EricNtseeg
  • Fresh Boarder
  • 4 months, 2 weeks ago
Hi. I've added some titles to my video, and want to increase the duration of a couple of them, to make them start earlier, but end at the original point.

When doing this with a clip, it's called "Trimming an Incoming Clip", which I do by clicking at the beginning of the clip so that the frame mark turns yellow, then dragging to the left with the mouse, then clicking on "Close" to finalize the trim. However, if I try to do this with a title I've created, when I click on the yellow left bracket and drag it to the left, instead of increasing the duration of the title, the left point (beginning point) stays the same and the end of the title moves to the left. It doesn't work like trimming a clip does.

How can I increase the duration of a title to make it start at an earlier point but end at the original point. I see nothing in the User's Manual about how to do this.

Re: Unable to lengthen duration of beginning of a title 4 months, 2 weeks ago #217986

• jwrl
    Pro User
  • 4 months, 2 weeks ago
If you click to the left of both the start and the end of the title you will be able to trim it back.

Re: Unable to lengthen duration of beginning of a title 4 months, 2 weeks ago #218028

• EricNtseeg
  • Fresh Boarder
  • 4 months, 2 weeks ago
That works. Thanks very much. And thanks also for replying so quickly.

Re: Unable to lengthen duration of beginning of a title 4 months, 2 weeks ago #218093

• jwrl
    Pro User
  • 4 months, 2 weeks ago
Pleasure. Lightworks' trim functions are one of its strengths.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.30 seconds
Scroll To Top