Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Stretching a 3D DVE image without disturbing the background?

Stretching a 3D DVE image without disturbing the background? 4 months, 2 weeks ago #217795

• Voltdiablo
  • Fresh Boarder
  • 4 months, 2 weeks ago
Hello, so I'm attempting to use 3D DVE to place a video over a television in the background image so it looks like the person in the picture is watching a moving TV. My problem comes when trying to fit the video to the TV in the background. When I use DVE, it begins to change the background as well as the video size. Is there a way to use 3D and 2D DVE to both alter the angle and size of my video without disturbing the background? Maybe with routing?

Re: Stretching a 3D DVE image without disturbing the background? 4 months, 2 weeks ago #217796

• jwrl
    Pro User
  • 4 months, 2 weeks ago
Please post a screen grab your routing. Whatever you have done includes the background with the foreground before you resize it.

Re: Stretching a 3D DVE image without disturbing the background? 4 months, 2 weeks ago #217842

• Voltdiablo
  • Fresh Boarder
  • 4 months, 2 weeks ago
Image is attached. Ideally I just want that red video there to fit the glowing screen.

Edit: It looks like the image won't attach so here's an Imgur link. imgur.com/a/zKMJQGY
Last Edit: 4 months, 2 weeks ago by Voltdiablo.

Re: Stretching a 3D DVE image without disturbing the background? 4 months, 2 weeks ago #217843

• Voltdiablo
  • Fresh Boarder
  • 4 months, 2 weeks ago
Here you go. Ideally I want the red video to conform to the shape of the glowing TV monitor.

This image is hidden for guests. Please log in or register to see it.

Last Edit: 4 months, 2 weeks ago by jwrl.

Re: Stretching a 3D DVE image without disturbing the background? 4 months, 2 weeks ago #217845

• jwrl
    Pro User
  • 4 months, 2 weeks ago
Well, first things first. I've edited your second post so that the screen grab now shows. There's a 2 MB limit on file size with attachments.

On the face of it, with that routing there is absolutely no reason why adjusting the 3D DVE would affect the background at all. But I'm intrigued by the 2D DVE. Why is that there? Do you really need it? That will definitely change the size of your background.

Re: Stretching a 3D DVE image without disturbing the background? 4 months, 2 weeks ago #217847

• Voltdiablo
  • Fresh Boarder
  • 4 months, 2 weeks ago
The background is scaled as I don't need the entire image, just the section shown.

Re: Stretching a 3D DVE image without disturbing the background? 4 months, 2 weeks ago #217849

• jwrl
    Pro User
  • 4 months, 2 weeks ago
OK, so what you want to be able to do is resize the image and keep the 3D DVE in place on the screen. In that case remove the 2D DVE and replace it after the 3D DVE. You won't really need anything connected to the Bg input of the 2D DVE, but it won't hurt if you do.

This image is hidden for guests. Please log in or register to see it.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.33 seconds
Scroll To Top