Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Tried to make a lock adjustment in a multicam bin, now I'm stuck with Fast Forward signs

Tried to make a lock adjustment in a multicam bin, now I'm stuck with Fast Forward signs 4 months, 2 weeks ago #217748

• corneliusduff
  • Fresh Boarder
  • 4 months, 2 weeks ago
So I tried to adjust the lock frame of one video in a multicam bin, and somehow two of the three videos decided to remove the picture of the frames and replace them with black screens with fast forward logos, and now I can't edit properly. There are also small red arrows in the timeline for each video. What did I accidentally do and how do I reverse it? It somehow caused the last region in the video line appear, which is a duplicate of the first one.

I attached a picture as well.

This is extremely frustrating, as if I had the ability to save my project before trying to make these changes, I could just revert to the saved project. But I can't do that, ctrl - z does nothing here (and I mean nothing, it's like every last step I took before this happened has gone into a black hole). I did copy the first edit and put it in a new project in order to try and preserve my work, but in there I would have to basically create a new multicam bin from scratch again.
Attachments:
  • Attachment This image is hidden for guests. Please log in or register to see it.
Last Edit: 4 months, 2 weeks ago by corneliusduff.

Re: Tried to make a lock adjustment in a multicam bin, now I'm stuck with Fast Forward signs 4 months, 2 weeks ago #217750

• hugly
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 4 months, 2 weeks ago
Hello,

These sign indicates that on two out of three clips the current position is outside the media range.

Enable lock adjustment and bring the current position on all clips back to the sync point.
It's better to travel well than to arrive...

Re: Tried to make a lock adjustment in a multicam bin, now I'm stuck with Fast Forward signs 4 months, 2 weeks ago #217752

• corneliusduff
  • Fresh Boarder
  • 4 months, 2 weeks ago
hugly wrote:
Hello,

These sign indicates that on two out of three clips the current position is outside the media range.

Enable lock adjustment and bring the current position on all clips back to the sync point.

That makes sense, as the the videos are different lengths, but that means I have to completely re-sync all my videos. I just want to adjust one, not all of them. Is there not a way to do it with just the one video I adjusted? I still don't understand this fully, but it seems the last video in the bottom left should only have the fast forward arrows then, and the not the one in the top right, as that the top left videos weren't adjusted.

Thanks for your response!
Last Edit: 4 months, 2 weeks ago by corneliusduff.

Re: Tried to make a lock adjustment in a multicam bin, now I'm stuck with Fast Forward signs 4 months, 2 weeks ago #217754

• corneliusduff
  • Fresh Boarder
  • 4 months, 2 weeks ago
Ok, playing around with a little more it makes more sense, but I'm not even sure how that happened with the other clips. I was only adjusting the bottom left one, and others got out of range. Guess moving them all is the only way to get it to work properly. Do you happen to know where it talks about this in the user manual? Thanks again!

Re: Tried to make a lock adjustment in a multicam bin, now I'm stuck with Fast Forward signs 4 months, 2 weeks ago #217758

• hugly
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 4 months, 2 weeks ago
There's a chapter about Multicam Bins starting on page 142 of the current V14.5 User Guide and two official video tutorials:

It's better to travel well than to arrive...
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.33 seconds
Scroll To Top