Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: how do I automatically jump back to the initial starting point of playback?

how do I automatically jump back to the initial starting point of playback? 3 months, 1 week ago #215097

• kalimerox
  • Pro User
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 3 months, 1 week ago
Not sure if there is a shortcut for this, i could not find it:

I would like to replay a snippet in the time line from the same spot various times when i make adjustments. In DAWs there is always a way to playback a track and the cursor jumps right back to the initial point when hitting pause/stop. Is this possible in lightworks? Thanks!

Re: how do I automatically jump back to the initial starting point of playback? 3 months, 1 week ago #215099

• schrauber
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 3 months, 1 week ago
There is a shortcut "Preview" that does something similar, but in a different way:
www.lwks.com/index.php?option=com_kunena&func=view&catid=12&id=209774&Itemid=81
Mainly automatically translated
--------------------------------------------
Software: Lightworks 2020.1; || Windows 10, 64 Bit
Hardware: Intel i5-4440 (3,1 GHz); || shared RAM: 8 GB; || Intel HD Graphics 4600 (can use max. 2 GB of shared RAM)

Re: how do I automatically jump back to the initial starting point of playback? 3 months, 1 week ago #215100

• hugly
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 3 months, 1 week ago
Not as know from usual DAW's, where a range for a continuous loop can be defined by marking a section, but with the command 'Preview(Playback)'. It doesn't loop but jumps from the current playhead position to the left and starts playback until stopped or repeated. The preroll time is configurable in config.dat on Windows, GlobalSettings.txt on Linux and OSX, default is three seconds. It can be used while trimming, i.e. with unjoined cuts, which is a major advantage.

It's assigned by default to ALT+Space which doesn't work on Windows 10, because it interferes in a strange way with the global shortcut for Windows. I've assigned it to Ctrl+space which works properly.
It's better to travel well than to arrive...

Re: how do I automatically jump back to the initial starting point of playback? 3 months, 1 week ago #215106

• kalimerox
  • Pro User
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 3 months, 1 week ago
thanks guys, this sounds not too bad, I will try preview and see if it serves my purpose.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.30 seconds
Scroll To Top